Grainger is a leading broad line distributor with operations primarily in North America, Japan and the United Kingdom. We achieve our purpose, We Keep the World Working®, by serving more than 4.5 million customers with a wide range of products that keep their operations running and their people safe. Grainger also delivers services and solutions, such as technical support and inventory management, to save customers time and money.
We're looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. As one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, we have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way with Grainger today.
The Senior User Experience Designer uses interaction design and research skills to design Grainger's internal tools - a suite of custom enterprise tools that allow our employees to improve customer experiences. You will report to the Director, UX Design for internal tools. We are open to virtual or hybrid for this position.
- Work with Product Managers, Engineers, and User Interface Designers to design user experiences for Grainger's internal customers
- Work with other UX and UI Designers to align patterns and priorities
- Create early-stage concepts to facilitate discussion, feedback, and agreement
- Facilitate discussions with users and partners to determine experience needs
- Translate requirements and user needs into tangible interaction designs through detailed user flows and annotated wireframes
- Understand technical and business constraints and scale designs for iterative release, ensuring user needs are met in each iteration
- Evaluate current experiences and provide recommendations for improvement
- Communicate design decisions, rationale, and direction when presenting work
- Develop detailed documentation for design standards
- Conduct user research, user testing, and secondary research
- Formal education in Human Centered Design, Design Methods, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or related field
- 3+ years of UX experience working with an Agile product team
- An understanding of design, usability, and research best practices
- Experience designing for complex processes
- Experience contributing to a pattern library or design system
- Proficiency in common wireframing tools
- Work samples that show how you broke down complexity, empathized with the user, and balanced user needs, our needs, and technical considerations
Rewards and Benefits:
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet our team members' individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per year
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations and tuition reimbursement
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical and social wellbeing programs
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.