Senior UX Designer, Events at Nordstrom
As Senior UX Designer for Nordstrom’s customer-facing products, you’ll be responsible for turning customer problems into intuitive, beautiful, data-driven solutions. You have a passion for designing effective digital experiences that are informed by customer research and testing, and industry best practices. You use your keen sense of empathy, strong storytelling skills, and polished project management techniques to deliver customer-focused work in a fast-paced and complex environment.
A day in the life…
- Own significant tactical responsibilities for core customer shopping experiences under the direction of the UX Design Manager
- Own and execute the product design strategy for key touchpoints in the shopping journey. Guide phased development of the project work with collaborative project planning, brainstorms, sketches, and user flows
- Lead the delivery of feature-level design work in partnership with other UX designers, content strategists, researchers, and product managers through the use of wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity final designs
- Test and validate design concepts with end users
- Lead the development of detailed deliverables to effectively communicate UX designs and product requirements
- Maintain knowledge of user interface processes, tools and best practices to achieve operational efficiencies and shorten time to market
- Work to develop and refine user-centered design processes and best practices while educating other disciplines about their value to both the organization and the user
- Proactively mentor other designers and assist in developing talent and skills within the team
You own this if you have...
- Bachelor’s degree in a UX-related field of study or equivalent experience
- 4+ years’ experience in UX design (information architecture, interaction design and visual design)
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Experience with usability testing and the implications for user interaction
- Strong graphic design skills and a keen sense of effective UI
- Clear and articulate written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills, and proven track record of presenting to and influencing stakeholders and senior management
- Ability to independently research and resolve issues using appropriate resources
- Demonstrated skill and experience creating user flow diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, user interface designs and high-quality final visual comps
- Efficiency in Sketch or Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, prototyping tools, and diagramming tools
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.