Responsible for creating, developing, and executing quality designs for core elements of our pharmacy business and system applications. Ensures more junior designers work aligns to an overarching vision and strategy to deliver the best user experience. This role leads and mentors less experienced designers.
- Participates in the development of the definition and documentation for the UX style guide patterns & behaviors. Creates wireframe layouts for pages that present content and functionality with intuitive clarity and balance.
- Perform detailed analysis of business and develops clear documentation that shows the site's content and components.
- Ensures all designs are according to agree style & behavior patterns. May recommend changes styles and patterns, as necessary.
- Participates, contributes to and presents designs during internal bi-weekly design reviews as well as leadership design reviews. Presents and defends concepts with concrete tactical rationale.
- Participates & supports product & engineering team with any user experience needs throughout different phases of the project (planning, pre-work, elaboration and post-work).
- Collaborates on daily basis with product owners, business analysts, system analysts, and scrum teams to ensure quality & consistency.
- Follows agreed WOW and UX processes. May recommend changes to the WOW and UX processes, as necessary.
- Strives for innovative solutions understanding platform constrains, technical & program level limitations.
- Partners with design authority to ensure suggested solutions meet with technical expectations & limitations.
- Participates in documenting UX WOW, best practices, and style guide exceptions.
- Partners with research team to validate concepts & design solutions.
- Mentors and guides less experienced Designers.
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers' and patients' needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA's purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE's 2021 list of the World's Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com .
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of design experience with focus on software, web applications, & mobile apps OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 6 years of design experience with focus on software, web applications, & mobile apps
- Experience working with software project, management practices, development practices, & agile methodologies.
- Experience with prototyping software, Such as Axure.
- Experience creating wireframes, and/or other visual artifacts.
- Experience with user interface design patterns and UCD methodologies across multiple platforms.
- Experience working with User Center Design processes
- Knowledge of project management tools, such as Confluence and/or JIRA
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's degree in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Human Factors / ergonomics or related field.
- At least 4 years of UX design experience.
- Experience working on large scale projects
- Figma Experience