Senior UX Designer at Intelligent Medical Objects
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 740,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
For all IMO positions, if you live in the Greater Chicagoland Area, Houston, TX, or Roseville, CA, you’ll be expected to work from an IMO office 2 days per week.
The Senior User Experience (UX) Designer owns the research and design of digital services for IMO products used by healthcare professionals and decision makers every day! You'll drive design through end-user insights, market understanding, and product innovation principles. The Senior UX Designer with work closely with the UX Leads, Product teams, and leadership to deliver high quality frameworks, prototypes and designs that will drive user adoption and end user satisfaction.
Impact you'll have on IMO
- Valuable design and interaction contributions to one of IMO's newest products, Precision Sets, while supporting projects across the IMO product portfolio
- Working on both new and iterative experience designs that are used by leaders in healthcare, life sciences and healthcareIT
- Contribute to a culture of collaboration and continued learning through design reviews on dissimilar issues and products, discussing trends and changes in the User Experience space, and working closely with a diverse team
What you'll do
- Work successfully with UX team members and cross-functional teams (product, development, terminology, marketing, etc.) to build new products and feature enhancements for the healthcare market
- Integrate user research, UX best practices, and analytics to validate project assumptions and develop the best user experience
- Participate and facilitate design workshops and leading ideation sessions for new product development
- Conduct discovery and usability research to surface current pain points and refine design concepts
- Develop customer journey maps and personas to provide the cross functional teams with insights into end user needs
- Determine the information architecture and interaction design of a product through wireframes, user flows, and prototypes
- Create UX design from conceptual exploration to finalized design
- Deliver light prototypes for validation and in support of Growth/Marketing efforts
- Collaborate with Software Engineering team to build final delivered product
- Participate in design critiques and present design solutions to cross-functional team
- Build and maintain the UX design system with interaction patterns and UI components
- Work with UX Lead to estimate and plan upcoming UX work to support the timely delivery
- Supports Lead Designer on their product. Contribute independently to various smaller projects in parallel.
What you'll need
- 5+ years professional experience in User Experience or similar field, with a portfolio of professional work from the user experience field
- Bachelor's degree with a focus in Digital Design or Human Computer Interaction preferred
- In-depth knowledge of user experience principles, digital marketing products, usability testing and user-centered design practices
- In-depth knowledge of UX operations, UX standards, and rapid prototyping
- Proven ability to produce successful user-validated design solutions
- Experience negotiating design tradeoffs with cross-functional teams
- Experience conducting and analyzing user experience research results to develop actionable insights
- Knowledge of user research techniques including user interviews/surveys, concept testing, task/scenario testing, and moderated/unmoderated testing
- Experience developing creative solutions for conception, design, and production
- Understanding of human-computer interaction, user experience principles, and
- B2B experience and/or healthcare industry experience is preferred
What we'll provide you
- The space to be innovative and collaborative with your peers and team members.
- Training from the best. Collectively, we’ve got years of expertise in Healthcare and IT.
- Part of a tight-knit team that supports each other, challenges each other, and is looking to make a significant impact in the industry.
- Excellent benefits package, including competitive benefits through multiple health, dental, and vision plans, 100% company match up to 5% contribution on your 401(k), flexible PTO and hours, and more!
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
IMO also provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.