Senior UX Designer
At CCC, it’s all about connectivity we are a provider of innovative cloud, mobile, telematics, hyperscale technologies and services for the automotive, insurance, and collision repair industries. Our solutions and big data insights are delivered through our CCC ONE™ platform, which connects 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, original equipment manufacturers, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. Our platform, carwise.com , provides access to car-related services for millions of consumers. Auto Injury Solutions Inc., also a CCC company, provides casualty solutions to auto insurers for the handling of first and third-party claims. In short, our collective set of solutions make connected car, vehicle, and accident data actionable, informing decision-making, enhancing productivity, and helping customers deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
Job Description Summary
CCC is one of the largest providers of software solutions to insurance carriers, auto repair facilities, and car manufacturers across the country. We are looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to join our team in Downtown Chicago and assist in creating products for some of the biggest insurance companies and car manufacturers in the US. We're a growing design team that's passionate about working for a leader in the innovative insurtech industry. We don't believe design is something that should be sprinkled into the process late in the game. Design starts upfront when it can make the most impact and is built into the entire process, from strategy to implementation. You'll have the opportunity to help us drive the adoption of a design-led culture and inject new design methods into the process. We're looking to add someone who doesn't wait for the answers but hunts them down, comfortable enough to interact with stakeholders, and a bias towards action. You'll bring your expertise with you, helping us craft best-in-class experiences across our mobile, web, and desktop products. You value your team and will go out of your way to protect the collaborative environment. If this sounds like a good fit, we might be looking for you!
- Develop and manage timelines and UX activities for your projects.
- Ability to communicate professionally, handling the business-side of the design process.
- Work with stakeholders to understand and define the problem to be solved and work with extended teams to develop requirements/functionality.
- Create compelling representations (prototypes, interaction flows, storyboards, etc.) of solutions for web and mobile-based experiences; bring simplicity and cohesion to complex challenges. Your designs won't just look pretty—they'll drive results.
- Present your work to multiple teams, including non-design audiences, with the ability to advocate for your design decisions.
- Quickly iterate based on stakeholder and user feedback.
- Prepare and run collaborative workshops and brainstorming sessions.
- Conduct research through stakeholder interviews, market research, analytics, observation, surveys, etc., with the ability to hone in on critical success factors.
- Plan, manage, and perform usefulness testing and usability testing (remote/local).
- Work with UI designers and front-end developers, providing clear guidance for implementation, and through QA with the development team.
- Stay current on emerging industry trends, providing insights on ways to improve the experience of our product suite.
Foster a continuous learning mindset and always push for collaboration, not just within the design team but across the org.
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant experience working as a designer on digital products.
- 3+ years working on complex web applications or enterprise systems.
- Solid understanding of user-centered and web design principles
- Advanced proficiency with design tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, Invision, Figma, etc.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks, and work within deadlines with little supervision
- Case studies (web link or PDFs) illustrating your user-centered design skills such as sketches, mock-ups, prototypes, flows, scenarios, personas, user research, etc. We want to see your thought process — not just pretty pictures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work closely with stakeholders (engineering, product) and external (customer/user) audiences.
- Strong UI design skills are a plus.
- Bachelors in a design-related field OR relevant work experience.