Senior UX Researcher at ServiceNow
Job Title – Senior UX Researcher
Location – Santa Clara
This position reports to – Sr. Manager, User Experience
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are looking for a passionate individual to lead the user research activities for Business Applications, IT portfolio. The individual will be responsible for the research strategy and the end-to-end research for specific products or product areas. You will work closely with designers, product managers, engineering, and other teams in the organization. You will plan, execute and analyze user research to understand user’s context and needs and translate findings into artifacts such as personas, journeys, tasks analyses, etc., to communicate their findings in business consumable ways.
You must be able to independently lead end-to-end research using various research methods and drive next steps with the product team on the insights that you found. You must know how to project manage and collaborate with product teams. We're looking for someone who is organized, meticulous, empathetic, collaborative and comfortable giving and receiving critique.
What we would love to see from you before or during an interview:
- An inspiring portfolio representing the process you follow to build Insanely Great Experience
- Demonstration of any accessible projects you have built
What You Get To Do In This Role
- Represent the needs of customers and their end users, gathered via various research methodologies from discovery through design validation techniques.
- Plan, lead, facilitate, analyze and report on various research initiatives.
- Communicate your findings through artifacts such as personas, journeys, task analyses, etc. as needed at all levels of the organization.
- Collaborate on feature definition and user story creation as needed.
- Work collaboratively inside a cross-functional team, effectively integrating your research into the product definition and design phases.
- Should be comfortable with architectural design tasks such as user flows, information architecture definition, wireframing, etc. with the aim of communicating design opportunities to the broader Design and Business units.
- Support design validation and/or iteration through iterative usability testing
- Validate design direction through participatory design, early concept testing, formative and summative usability testing.
- Leverage existing ServiceNow user groups and communities as an additional channel for eliciting feedback.
What You Need To Be Successful In This Role
- Preferred advanced degree (or equivalent experience) in the Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or other related degrees.
- Preferred 5 years or equivalent combination of education and experience successfully applying customer-centered design
- Must have experience with in-depth interviews, concept testing, usability testing, exploratory research and survey methods
- Lead independent research in an organized manner to build a deeper understand of the users and uses this learning to inform the team
- Willing to travel to conferences or customer sites to conduct research.
- Understands the product development life cycle and timing the research to have maximum impact
- Explain rationale for research methodology, and regularly communicates project status.
- Present research in a clear, confident, and engaging manner to diverse audience and create action items with the team
- Experience working with Enterprise IT software
- Must have strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Knowledge of user interface design, usability evaluation techniques, perception, cognition, task analysis, experimental design and statistics
- Mobile and web application design experience across various platforms (iOS, Android, Windows) including demonstrating an understanding of responsive web design
- Obsessed with the relentless pursuit of UX perfection
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.