Senior UX Strategist at One North Interactive
As members of the Experience Design Team, UX team members operate as researchers, consultants, information architects and designers to construct digital experiences for professional services organizations. You partner with clients to understand their business and brand goals, drive understanding of both with internal stakeholders and external users, and craft solutions that deliver measurable results.
You will find this role rewarding if you:
- understand that design is an act of communication, and the artifacts you produce reflect this
- love digital and are compelled to think about balancing its evolution with best practices
- understand how thoughtful experiences can build a brand and achieve business goals
- are interested in how people consume information, think and understand – and your goal is excellence, not perfection.
- Have a significant presence in client relationships.
- Lead and support UX research efforts, including heuristic reviews, usability testing, A/B testing, landscape analysis and more.
- Develop user personas and map them through user journeys that illustrate how user goals connect with business objectives.
- Create detailed and extensible information architecture, wireframes and KPIs, including functional specification documentation.
- Partner closely with Brand, Visual & Interaction Design, and Development disciplines to bring the solution to life.
- Lead projects and guide junior team members in their involvement in client interactions and engagements.
- Contribute to thought leadership and collaborate with fellow strategists and Experience Design team members to keep up with trends and developments in digital marketing.
- Encourage internal and external stakeholders to ask “why?”
- Effectively guide clients and colleauges to clarity, making complex and ambiguous problems seem simple.
- Use writing, or contribute to writing that effectively informs and persuades audiences.
- Understand the importance of detailed specifications in the transfer of your thinking to clients, designers and developers.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 6-10 years professional experience
- Experience presenting to C-Level executives or significant stakeholders
- Demonstratrable experience solving a range of UX problems, for a variety of audience types
- An appreciation for the value of organized, rigourous thinking, balanced with a sense of humor
- Experience solving complex IA challenges, including the harmonization of multiple domains
- Experience designing for Responsive
- A deep appreciation for and understanding of usability best practices
- Proficiency in at least two of the following: Axure, Adobe CS (InDesign), Omnigraffle and Sketch
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Experience drafting and conducting usability testing sessions, synthesizing findings and translating them to actionable tactics
- Ability to travel to client sites as projects require, up to 15% of the time