Senior UX/UI Designer
Who we are:
We’re a curious and humble group of people who love to build things. Learning is the key to our culture, and we’re always looking for new skills to pick up and ways to hone our craft. We bring that same curiosity to our clients, digging into their needs so we can make sure our design and development projects look great, work great and push their businesses forward.
At Table XI, you’ll get exposure to many different people and projects. Our clients look to us as a strategic partner, and we make decisions that affect the long-term success of their businesses.
- Northwestern University research facilities perform and advance clinical research
- Maria Pinto relaunch her fashion business
- More than 25,000 people participate in Chicago Ideas Week each year
- Pharmaceutical companies ensure that medicines and vaccines are manufactured and stored properly
- Families suffering from tragic circumstances connect with resources and each other
- Roger Ebert solidify his legacy as a film critic
But the work is just part of what makes Table XI a fun place to be. We make time for people to follow their interests, whether that's volunteering at Code Platoon, speaking at RailsConf, learning a new framework or writing books. If there's something you're passionate about, we want to help you pursue it so you can teach it to the rest of us. Our weekly Lunch and Learns have covered everything from an X-Files approach to design, to React/Flux basics, to culinary skills for home cooks, to website performance testing.
We’re looking for a designer to bring strategic and creative vision to solving business problems and meeting user needs.
Some designers fall in love with the solution, you fall in love with the problem. You’re not just interested in creating a beautiful design, you also have a deep desire to ensure it meets the needs of the business and its customers. You’re flexible and earnest in your approach but understand that the path to creating great products is paved in user research and validation. This is your chance to work with world-class creative technologists, grow your skills, and wow users.
Here’s what we expect from you:
- Be an empathetic designer. Everything you touch should be clean, precise, artfully crafted and visually stunning
- See the forest and the trees. Designing great products is about being equally concerned with strategic direction and micro-interactions of the user experience
- Be an experienced consultant, with a proven track record of building lasting relationships with your clients and peers
- Talk to users: user research and testing are just a few of the tools you’ll use to help clients make informed product decisions
- Produce high quality interface and product designs that meet project objectives
- Work collaboratively on a cross-functional team of developers, designers, and business analysts
- Be a design facilitator: create engaging environments and lead groups of stakeholders through design-thinking exercises (bonus points for experience with Google Design Sprints or other types of discovery workshops)
- Learn from everyone, no matter what their title is
Everyone on our team gets…
- Daily gourmet meals cooked in-house with vegetarian, gluten-free, and other options available
- The promise of minimal travel
- A casual loft office that pairs an open floor plan with quiet rooms
- Competitive salary
- Cigna health insurance
- 401k plan, including employer matching
We take equality seriously.
Table XI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal opportunity employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender (including gender identity, change of sex and transgender status), sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.