Senior Visual Designer - Tock at Tock
At Tock, we go to great lengths to ensure every touchpoint of the brand is as beautiful and impactful as possible. As a modern creative organization, we hire aesthetically-motivated designers who have a process that can be applied across a range of deliverables. Our Brand Designers help build brand identities, marketing campaigns, brand partnerships, and content creation. You have a portfolio that expresses familiarity with most of these types of projects, and the ability to maintain an overarching brand aesthetic across channels. This is an opportunity to join a growing marketing team as a Senior Visual Designer that is passionate about designing a growing Consumer and Customer brand and has a love for all things food and dining.
You'll lead many digital projects-from ads, email newsletters, sales collateral, and social posts, to collaborating on websites, landing pages, and larger campaigns. The marketing team is a growing team of 11. We are tasked with the exciting responsibility of growing Tock's brand and building awareness for our company and product. We are creative and passionate about helping our customers, supporting our sales team, and attracting new guests to discover and book great experiences.
You would join as the third designer on the Marketing team, but would also be part of our larger, collaborative Product Design team. Although we may hold different responsibilities, we support each other and explore ideas and projects together, because our mission, brand, and visual identity touch and affect everything we do.
You will report directly to the Design Lead and will be based in Chicago. Please note, all Squarespace and Tock employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
You'll Get To...
- Help shape and lead creative and design projects from concept to final deliverables
- Design many projects from ads, email newsletters, sales collateral, and social posts, to collaborating on websites, landing pages, and larger campaigns
- Contribute to our guest outreach efforts and explore creative ways we can increase awareness and engagement-think editorial content, travel guides, dining newsletters, restaurant spotlights, interviews with chefs, behind-the-scenes interviews
- Support our sales and account management teams with communication assets so they can more powerfully pitch Tock, onboard new restaurants, and keep our customers happy and informed.
- Bring ideas that would level-up our visual brand while maintaining a high standard across all projects
- Work independently and collaboratively on projects and tasks to support the marketing team
- Present and receive feedback on your work to everyone from individual team members to C-level executives
- Help develop art direction and commissioning photographers and illustrators when a project calls for it
- Collaborate internally with sales, account management, and design teams.
- Keep up with and set trends in the Hospitality (reservations/experiences) and Event space
- Source, prepare, and maintain photo assets for marketing/design projects
Who We're Looking For
- 5+ years of experience as a visual designer with a digital focus, working at either an agency or in-house brand
- A wide-ranging portfolio that shows stellar typographic and layout skills, showcases creative problem solving, and beautiful digital experiences
- Eager to work in a scrappy, fast-paced startup environment that allows you to take on many responsibilities and own many projects
- Experience with the steps necessary to take a project from concept to launch.
- Broad awareness of design and technology trends.
- An inside-and-out knowledge of Figma/Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign)
- Experience with photography, motion graphics, or video editing
- Prefer Chicago-based but open to a remote position
- Always curious and eager to learn about the problems Tock is looking to solve
- Passionate about developing creative solutions while pushing the visual language of Tock
- Strong communication skills-to frame discussions and contribute to project briefs
- Strong organizational skills, can manage multiple projects, and are comfortable working towards deadlines-there are no project managers
- Excited to learn new mediums, software, and techniques-we value a do-it-yourself mindset
Benefits & Perks
- Full benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance)
- 401k and employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" for 2021
- Awarded Built In's "2021 Best Places to Work"
- Awarded America's Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com .
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.