Senior Visual Designer
Here’s what your day to day will look like:
- Set the visual design direction of projects through exploration, strategy, graphic design, and storytelling.
- Design environments, experiences, websites, apps, and combined digital and physical experiences with the end user in mind.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary designers with backgrounds such as industrial design, interaction design, business design, and mechanical engineering to solve problems across a variety of industries.
- Work through all phases of a project, from translating verbal ideas into rough visual concepts to creating production-ready artwork, to create looks like/works like prototypes of different levels of fidelity to help teams determine design directions.
- Create compelling visual narratives that communicate user stories and our strategic solutions.
- Be an advocate for exceptional visual design.
- 4-6 years of interactive/visual design experience across a variety of applications and media
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in graphic design, Interaction Design, New Media, or an equivalent degree
- Has a strong, versatile portfolio with an elevated sense of design, color, and typography.
- Extensive experience with a variety of graphic design and interactive tools including Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Principle, Framer, etc. and familiarity with HTML, CSS, and AfterEffects
- Experience establishing and expressing brand identity, from understanding strategy to creative interpretation and execution; designing visual identities, defining brand architectures and building clear and useful guidelines for implementation
- Experience in concept ideation, design research/strategy, and prototyping, and a curiosity for learning and experimenting with new methods of designing visual/digital experiences, products, and services
- Ability to tackle a diverse and complex set of design challenges and recognize patterns to help develop creative and strategic solutions
People probably describe you like this:
- Able to navigate team dynamics, clients, and timelines to deliver an exceptional design. Optimistic and open to new ideas and ways of working.
- Ready to learn from failure and critiques and then iterate to learn faster. Takes chances without being afraid to fail and learn along the way.
- Curious and proactive — able to generate ideas, and get things done. Ready to pitch in on tasks, big or small
About Productive Edge:
Productive Edge is a Chicago-based leader in digital transformation. As digital business consultants, we focus on digital strategy, customer experience, operations improvement, and product & services enablement. How do we do this? Through launching solutions for Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI), Intelligent Automation (IA), Internet of Things (IoT), and Cloud Native Solutions. Sounds fun, right? It gets better...and that’s where you come in!
Productive Edge offers the dynamic opportunity to use your talents in a progressive, highly-collaborative environment that values innovation and creativity. We are a culture that stays on the cusp of today’s developing and emerging technologies. Our passion, ingenuity, and dedication set us apart from other consultants (as does our modern work atmosphere with fun outings, foosball, stocked fridge, and other activities). Because we work with and develop solutions for some of the world’s most exciting brands, we are actively searching for individuals who are ready to change the way the world operates.
And if that’s not enough, Productive Edge has been featured as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, included in Crain’s Fast 50, and is a regular on Inc. 5000.