Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Corporate Risk Management is seeking a Solution Experience Designer with a passion for applying the five phases of design —- Empathize, Define, Ideate, Prototype and Test— to ill-defined problems and then heavily contributing to the creative design of a solution. We seek someone that can work across several independent squads to provide rapid prototyping of user experiences. In this position you will develop and champion the design thinking process for the risk & compliance space. You will also serve as a shared design thinking and creative services specialist across multiple squads. You will collaborate with Sr. Leadership to implement approved designs using cutting edge web tools and techniques to deliver intuitive user experiences.
This is not a traditional UX designer role. You will collaborate with others to define our design thinking process; you will be a point person for putting that process work in design thinking workshops for innovation project squads; and you will would be designing solution experiences from scratch.
You should be passionate and very comfortable with working on conceptual innovations projects from absolute infancy of ideation.
In this role, you should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. A strong portfolio of successful UX and other technical projects is essential. Ultimately, you will be a catalyst for the development of user-friendly, intuitive and attractive solution experiences produced by the Corporate Risk Management engineering teams.
- Create, publish and continuously refine our Design Thinking Process and associated workshops. Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability). Collaborate with product leadership to help standardize on common UX/UI guidelines and reusable components. Propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes where appropriate.
- Facilitate Design Thinking Workshops as prescribed your innovation method and platform. Understand project goals and target user psychology. Build personas and journey maps. Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs. Take communications very seriously. This includes the writing of well articulated design proposals as well as the writing of clear and concise issues and features. Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers. Work with Front-end Engineers to implement attractive designs.
- Contribute to project ideation and design to understand needs, propose features, create early prototypes and transform them into exciting experiences. Design, development and iterate on a solution for a specific innovative business objective (concept proposal). Work with engineers in order to define and understand at a high-level the architecture of the new project. Provide design thinking playbacks to C-level business sponsors that tell an end-to-end story.
- Participate in solution architecture discussions with members from every squad in the innovation lab and be able to provide well-articulated feedback and advise. Have fun brainstorming and collaborating in team that is excited to answer your questions and share their wisdom with you. We expect you to do the same. Contribute to project ideation and design to understand needs, propose features, create early prototypes and transform them into exciting experiences.
- Communicates with staff and clients to understand specific system requirements.
- Provides advice on project costs, design concepts, and design changes.
- Documents design specifications and installation instructions.
- Verifies the stability, interoperability, portability, security, and scalability of system
- Collaborates with technology partners to select appropriate design solutions and ensure the
compatibility of system components.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, business, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in technical, or other related field
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in Technical, or other related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- An outstanding portfolio that exemplifies excellence.
- Strong experience building multiple UX component and asset libraries for cross-team reuse.
- Strong project and team leadership experience with a track record of inspiring your team to deliver world-class solutions.
- Excellent presentation and moderator skills.
- Mastery of Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Principle, InVision, and other design and management tools.
- Experience creating, implementing, and managing design systems (human interface and style guidelines).
- Mastery of human-centered design methodologies and rapid ideation processes such as Lean XD and Design Sprints.
- Passion for cutting edge technologies, drive, and ability to quickly learn new concepts
- Prior experience working for a consumer Internet company
- Detail-oriented approach to the delivery of beautiful user experiences without ignoring performance.
- Is an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and an intense focus on achieving results
- Financial or similar complex industry experience.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.