Sr. Marketing Designer at Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Kin + Carta operates under an organizational model called “The Connective,” a global ecosystem of over 1,600 technologists, strategists, and creatives. Together, the Connective provides full-service capabilities for not only our clients but for employee experience and mobility.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes Kin + Carta a recognized best place to work.
The Team: We are a team of cross-disciplinary marketers that are adept at telling compelling stories that engage and excite prospects, customers and partners alike. Digital transformation is a fast-paced market so we are required to be nimble and skilled at multi-tasking to accomplish our goals. We work cross-functionally across the entire company and are deemed subject matter experts for our respective disciplines.
The Role: We are looking for a versatile, proactive and detail-oriented Sr. Marketing Designer to join our Chicago based marketing team. We’re structured our team with deep functional expertise (project and campaign management), deep domain expertise (CRM, strategy, content strategy, etc.), and a growing creative team of design, copy and freelance video support. You’ll operate in a face-paced environment on a small, nimble team. Translation: you have an opportunity to make a big impact on Kin + Carta and your career. In this role, you’ll support the critical execution facets of our marketing machine.
What you’ll be doing:
What’s a typical day look like for a Sr. Marketing Designer? There isn’t one. One day you’ll be guiding the creative team on creative concept development, the next shooting talking heads and b-roll, the next designing highly visual reports and content, or maintaining and creating new pages for our website. At the end of the day, you’ll be responsible for creating design solutions and telling stories that have a highly-visual impact across multiple mediums and across multiple businesses.
Just as important as your creative chops, you need to be a creative thinker. You’ll be problem-solving ideas through design and help bring big ideas to life.
The best part? You’ll be working with endless opportunities to shape our brand and grow in areas you never could have before.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Leading creative strategy for in-house marketing from concept through production for campaigns, events, videos, and internal materials
- Manage all brand assets both external and internal, including brand standards and visual identity
- Collaborate with marketing, sales and delivery teams to support business objectives
- Work cross-functionally within the organization and ensure brand standards are met with all assets including collateral, presentations, signage, promotional items, communications, campaigns, events, etc.
- Define our “internal agency” process and expectations for quality, consistency, and timeliness of deliverables
- Collaborate with the team to solidify visual standards, design expectations, and brand consistency
- Lead and mentor the in-house marketing creative team and manage agency partners or freelancers
What we are looking for from you:
- 5+ years of experience in design, UX or art direction, either client-side or within an agency
- Prior experience leading team members required (remote team members preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or Multimedia Design or a related field
- A passion for marketing, design, and digital technology
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- A solid understanding of UX and website Design
- A basic understanding of CMS tools such as HubSpot, Contentful, Marketo
- Bonus if you have a solid understanding of HTML/CSS
- Working knowledge of video editing software (Final Cut Pro X or Adobe Premiere)
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.