Sr. Multimedia Designer, Zoro at Zoro
Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools-but we're much more than just a website. We're a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers over 5 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We've grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 450 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture-we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades-and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
As an integral member of the Creative Services Team, the Sr. Multimedia Designer is a strategic thinker and problem solver who can design new and original work while continuing to evolve our offerings and approach based on current trends and industry best practices. The Sr. Multimedia Designer works closely with creative management, designers, editors, writers, account management, and key internal stakeholders to provide 2D and 3D motion graphics, videos, and photography solutions to address our marketing needs. The Sr. Multimedia Designer is focused on video and motion design for social media, digital banners, emails, etc. but will also need to shoot photography both in a studio environment and on location. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and have respect for consistency, but most of all, will absolutely love solving problems through design in motion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Zoro Marketing and Promotions teams to produce 2D and 3D motion graphics, videos, and photography that will resonate with our audience and drive a high level of brand and product interest, views, and engagement. Approximately 70% Multimedia & 30% Photography.
- Communicate and coordinate with Manager and Project Managers to balance workload and adhere to guidelines and production schedules to meet changing deadlines and respond to critical business shifts.
- Produce engaging animated and interactive elements to support business objectives and concepts.
- Stay current on the latest industry trends, video and photography equipment, software, and lighting and bring those learnings in-house to share with others.
- Manage and maintain an in-house electronic library of all video and photo assets as well as videography and photo equipment.
- Propose creative shooting and marketing solutions for video and photo productions and develop storyboard design. Manage video and photography shoots from start to finish with external partners (as needed).
- Oversee multimedia projects from conception to delivery, ensuring they are brand compliant.
- Manage all liability releases on video and photo shoots (i.e. location, image releases, etc.). Track permissions/licenses of all photos used. Collaborate as needed with the Legal department to ensure photo/art permissions are compliant.
- Collaborate with designers to identify, design, storyboard, and create animated and interactive elements for production-quality design assets including landing page/email banners and digital ads.
- Help lead, develop, and enhance the design team's animation and motion graphics capabilities.
- Communicate effectively to share your design thinking, and present to all levels of co-workers throughout all stages of design.
- May produce and edit audio voiceovers as necessary for audio/visual elements used.
- Prep photo files for production including minor Photoshop enhancements and color correction.
- Work within the digital asset management system to ensure all images are entered and tagged with the appropriate metadata.
- Assist with onsite video productions when needed; this includes assistance with the onsite studio and remote set-up of cameras and related recording equipment, teleprompter, and video capture.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Multimedia/Motion Design.
- 7-10+ years of experience in video production and photography (product and lifestyle).
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Premiere Pro) and Cinema 4D (Redshift, Arnold, X-Particles, etc).
- Ability to think conceptually and problem solve creative challenges.
- Can work across a wide array of projects in multiple disciplines (2D, 3D, VFX & Live Action).
- Never-ending desire to learn new techniques and technologies to advance skillset.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to manage several projects simultaneously needed in order to consistently meet deadlines.
- Team player; ability to work effectively with multiple cross-functional groups.
Strong communication skills: oral, written, plus the ability to communicate with a wide range of people and behavior styles.
We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.