Sr. Product Designer at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a Sr. Product Designer at Clearcover?
Clearcover is looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our growing UX team. This is a great opportunity to reimagine the online insurance shopping process as a delightful experience that people will tell their friends about. You will work closely with our team of researchers, content strategists, and product teams to understand and fulfill business goals while designing best-in-class experiences for our customers.
We are looking for a natural problem solver who is obsessed with putting the consumer front and center. This is an amazing opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing startup rated one of the top companies to work for in 2021 by Glassdoor.
What will you do?
- Leverage customer insights (qualitative and quantitative) to inform design decisions and strategies.
- Play an active role in customer interviews, focus groups, and usability testing.
- Work with business stakeholders to understand and drive business goals through design-thinking methodologies.
- Create industry-leading visual designs that deliver on our promise of providing delightful experiences to our users
- Work with product leaders to design solutions we can quickly deploy to learn and iterate from.
- Play an integral role in fostering a culture of design-thinking across the product design & research team, as well as the overall organization.
- Clearly and accurately communicate your design decisions to stakeholders across the organization.
- Design & create interactive prototypes that allow stakeholders to see the user journey through new product features & solutions.
- Help ensure that consumer-facing digital experiences remain consistent.
- Actively grow and maintain an internal design system that is shared across a larger set of digital products.
- Work with fellow product designers to collaborate on product solutions across a number of product teams.
What do you need?
- Experience designing products for a variety of platforms including but not limited to: web, mobile, iOS, and Android.
- A portfolio showcasing captivating visual designs.
- Expertise in one or more prototyping tools (InVision, Sketch, Principal, Framer).
- Extensive hands-on experience with one or more design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc).
- Ample amount of professional experience in a consumer-facing product design role.
- A strong understanding and familiarity with UX heuristics & best design practices.
- The willingness to ask questions when you lack the details necessary to complete a task to the highest standards.
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.