Sr. Staff UI/UX Designer at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewWant to design products that actually matter? Do you believe that the challenges facing public safety today can be solved by a thoughtful and holistic approach to user experience design? At Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in moments that matter. We help firefighters see into burning buildings and police officers see around street corners. We are making schools, airports, hospitals and other public spaces safer by envisioning new technology for the future. The INNOVATION DESIGN TEAM at MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS is seeking a UI/UX Designer who is passionate about the same things we are: Future-facing technology, tackling complex problems, and the power of Design to make a difference in the lives of an incredible Mission Critical user group including Police, Fire, Security, and EMS, as well as in business essential commercial markets. Come work with our award winning design team.
As a Sr. Staff UI/UX Designer, you will be part of a community of researchers and designers envisioning the future, creating end-to-end solutions for in-field users across diverse areas, including government, public safety and enterprise. You should already have a strong foundation across a broad range of UI/UX design disciplines, including information architecture, interaction design, data visualization. and a demonstrated ability to leverage these skills in the design of portal and mobile applications.
***Must include portfolio, personal website, or work samples demonstrating design experience to be considered for the position***
Scope of responsibilities:
- Work with research to uncover end user needs and contribute design proposals that align with customer, partner and business requirements
- Develop and advance user interface and interaction designs, from user flows and conceptual design through detailed designs, interactive prototypes and behavior specifications.
- Effectively communicate experience concepts and design rationale to business stakeholders and developers and ensure that design specifications are implemented as intended.
- Work with user research to iteratively evaluate solution performance against usability goals and drive solution improvements where necessary.
Demonstrated ability to take ownership of design projects requiring high attention to detail, working both independently and as part of agile teams as a given program requires.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including techniques to present design deliverables and persuade stakeholders through rich user stories.
Produce designs and detailed analysis documentation that aid developers in the creation of product.
Exceptional interpersonal skills, demonstrating strong empathy and a passion for understanding user needs.
Ability to collaborate effectively and work with user research, visual design and other design professions as well as product management and software development.
A rich appreciation for culture and end user work practices should complement your strong knowledge base in research and design.
Experience with industry-leading design and prototyping tools such as the Adobe Suite, Axure, Figma, InVision or Sketch.
Working knowledge of designing to accommodate the constraints of web and mobile environments
Prior experience in workflow automation or workflow management tools is a plus, but not required.
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in UI/UX Design, Interaction Design, or other HCI/MMI related discipline. A Master's Degree in a similar field is preferred.
- 2+ years professional experience with a Master's Degree, or 5+ years experience with Bachelor’s Degree
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.