Sr UI Designer, Zoro at Zoro
Sr. User Interface Designer, Zoro.com
ZORO is creating innovative digital solutions that are transforming the MRO Industry. We are looking for passionate, driven people who want to join a design team who bases their decisions on research.
About the Role:
The Sr. User Interface Designer at Zoro will lead efforts to apply user-centered design methods to translate user needs, business objectives, and technology capabilities into an online user experience on Zoro.com. The ideal candidate has worked on the creation or maintenance of a living design system, and has a firm understanding of best practice while designing for content within a CMS. They will lead the collaboration with front-end developers, the members of the user experience team, project managers, stakeholders, and quality assurance and should be ready to create, present, and defend a modern and cutting-edge online retail experience. They will be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and have respect for consistency, but most of all, will absolutely love solving problems through design.
- Lead the creation and evolution of a unique look and feel for Zoro.com that supports our brand identity, and create a ground-breaking online retail experience in the MRO space.
- Design refined layouts, graphical elements, and high fidelity prototypes from wireframes and product specifications without requiring a high level of review.
- Lead the design of highly complex requests and assist those working on less complex requests.
- Contribute to and maintain a component-based design system.
- Mentor junior level designers by providing guidance and creative direction.
- Maintain the current style guide and identify new or updated elements that will be included in future guides.
- Work closely with stakeholders from User Experience, Search, Merchandising, Development, and Brand Marketing teams to support improvements and initiatives.
- Confidently present your work or the work of your team to internal and external stakeholders.
- Partner with the Quality Assurance group and be responsible for user acceptance testing of any new features/design changes on Zoro.com.
- Give and receive constructive criticism and critique with a focus on improving quality.
- Research and share industry trends, competitors, and comparable experiences.
- Manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work.
Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, or related field is preferred or equivalent professional experience.
- 7+ years directly related, professional web design experience, especially for responsive and mobile Ecommerce websites
- Expert knowledge of industry standard prototyping tools like Axure, InVision or similar
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Experience creating, designing for and maintaining design systems, CMS component-based design, atomic design, and/or living style guides
- Experience with delivering designs in an agile environment
- Experience using JIRA or other issue ticketing systems
- Excellent visual design skills
- Experience with A/B testing implementation
- Results driven and able to meet multiple deadlines
- An eye for detail, a passion for consistency, and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with SEO is a plus
**Please provide a portfolio link or work samples to be considered for this position**