Sr. UI Designer at Oak Street Health
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Senior UI Designer
Location: Chicago, IL
The mission of Oak Street Health is to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
We are a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers delivering higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare.
The Oak Street model integrates outstanding clinical expertise, technology, and teamwork to deliver improved care quality and cost savings. These cost savings are then reinvested into care in our communities, creating a virtuous cycle of improving community health.
We are a national organization serving over 100,000 patients and we are growing rapidly . We are a diverse team of care providers, service team members, technologists, community outreach experts, business professionals, and more -- all dedicated to our Oaky Values and motivated by our mission. We're looking forward to getting to know you!
For more information, visit www.oakstreethealth.com .
As a Sr. UI Designer, you will be responsible for establishing exceptional visual design systems, patterns and languages across all Canopy enterprise web and mobile products. You will work with UX designers/researchers in developing pixel-perfect mockups from research-backed wireframes. The ideal candidate has exceptional visual design skills and experience defining a visual brand language. Key considerations within our visual systems include: color theory, typography, motion and complex interaction states, component-based design and behavioral pattern development.
- Develop Creative and Beautiful Mockups: Work in tight collaboration with UX designers and from initial wireframes reimagine layouts and suggest creative solutions to enhance the visual experience via beautifully polished mockups that are easy to understand and reflect our brand
- Own Accessibility Standards: Be responsible for ensuring we meet AA WCAG accessibility standards across all digital products
- Oversee Visual Development: Develop visual design guidelines for products and meet with engineering teams on a frequent basis to ensure design consistency before release and guide them on proper implementation of the visual design vision
- Drive Design Consistency: Partner with the rest of the design and engineering team to refine our design system, ensuring visual cohesion and engineering efficiency across all Canopy products
- Create Accessory Communications: Design new icons, animations, print outs, or any other materials necessary to enhance the patient and clinician visual experience
- Deliver Continuous Improvement: You will identify and action opportunities for visual design improvement identified through quantitative measurement and feedback from end users.
- Mentor for Success: Guide junior and associate designers towards developing consistent, high quality of work
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Human Computer Interaction or similar field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience work in Visual UI Design/Product Design roles
- Minimum 3 years of experience with designing complex enterprise-grade web applications
- Online portfolio is required demonstrating excellent design foundation, typography, compositional, and layout skills
- Expert proficiency with common design tools (Axure, Sketch, Invision, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop)
- Expertise in translating wireframes into modular, consistent, high fidelity mockups with high attention to detail
- Expertise in designing with strong adherence to WCAG accessibility guidelines
- Preferred experience:
- 1+ years healthcare experience
- Experience in developing and maintaining a design system
- Experience with photo editing
- Experience with developing imaginative illustrations
- Experience with developing UI animations in Adobe After Effects
- Experience with print design
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being "Oaky"
What does being "Oaky" look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- Fast-paced and innovative environment
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, and health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.