Sr UI/UX Designer
RedShelf is a product-focused, education company that prides itself on having a fun and collaborative environment. Our team is passionate, growth-driven, and always goes the extra mile to deliver the best experience to our users. We offer the excitement and opportunity of a young, fast-growing start-up but with a proven track record of success.
The Sr UI/UX Designer will work closely with product managers and developers and will be focused on design, UI/UX strategy, wire-framing, prototyping, creation and maintenance of standards guide and UI/UX roadmap for a web-based education platform.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage UI/UX team
- Simplify complex content and ideas into functional, usable interfaces
- Designing clear, usable prototypes, wireframes, and other UX deliverables
- Demonstrate an understanding of designing across platforms/devices
- Grow and polish existing standards guide
- Working with the Dev & Product teams to develop user stories with clear acceptance criteria
- Create and Translate low fidelity wireframes/UX prototypes into effective and appealing interfaces
- Proactively recognize UX/UI gaps in design and propose solutions
- 7+ years of experience in UX design and/or user interface design preferably with a bachelor’s degree in graphic design, human-computer interaction, or a similar technical field
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities and deadlines while being adaptable to the changing needs of the business
- Ability to manage a variety of different projects from start to finish
- The ability to take on complex problems and arrive at simple solutions, matched with the communication skills to talk through and present solutions with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Expert knowledge of user-centered interface design processes, methodology and UI best practices
- Ability to leverage new technology, find unexpected ideas, and push the boundaries in solving UX problems with continued innovation
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with:
- Current trends for UX/UI design and data visualization
- Design tools (Sketch, Zeplin, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.) and prototyping tools (InVision, Axure, etc.)
- Agile and/or Scrum development methods
- Managing style guides and pattern libraries for large, complex projects
- Conducting or managing usability tests to validate design
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Knowledge of Accessibility requirements (WCAG 2.0, A11Y)
- Knowledge of Ember.js Framework
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Comfort and/or experience in a startup environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possess high energy and a passion for RedShelf
Since inception, RedShelf has undergone tremendous growth by providing the learning community with the cutting-edge technology to transform education for future generations. Our goal is to make course materials affordable and improve student interaction with their course content. We partner with 600+ education institutions and 1200+ higher education publishers to deliver a better, more affordable experience to students using our studying platform.
On top of our competitive compensation package that includes company stock options, we offer an engaging office culture with frequent onsite and offsite events including intramural sports teams, happy hours, volunteer work, and more.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.