We Are Hiring
The Ascension Design team is looking for an experienced UX Designer to join us in designing the future of people-centered healthcare.
What You Will Do
As a UX designer, you will be responsible for creating new patient and clinician digital experiences across all touchpoints in the daily health and healthcare journeys, including web communications, web applications, health record interfaces, communication systems, native mobile apps, telemedicine systems, and more. Expert capability in digital interface design and the use of human-centered design methods are critical to this role. You will help to put best practices in place for the team’s digital design operations and will play a key role in demonstrating the value of design thinking in the organization.
Your role will be part of the early formation of the interdisciplinary Design team. The work of the team includes exploratory research and synthesis to understand latent user needs, design explorations to iteratively generate design options, ample prototyping and user testing to bring ideas to life, collaboration with product, technology, marketing, and clinical colleagues, and a relentless passion for engaging directly with the user to continuously improve the experience.
Experience working across all of these research and design activities is required, as is experience creating application interfaces and complex interaction designs.
Please include a link to your portfolio in your application.
- Lead UX design projects from discovery to product delivery
- Create and deliver design assets, wireframes, prototypes and design specifications
- Collaborate with researchers, designers, product managers and developers to execute product roadmap
- Conduct exploratory user research, concept validation and usability testing
- Establish design ops by creating and evolving design processes, tools and deliverables
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
• 3 years of experience required.
• 5 years of experience preferred.
• 1 year of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Interaction design, UX design, Human Computer Interaction, or similar field.
- 3+ years of professional experience in UX design
- Experience working on UX design for a variety of software applications
- Deep understanding of user-centered design (UCD) practices and principles
- Ability to identify design opportunities and iteratively evaluate and refine concepts through user-centered research and synthesis
- Rapid prototyping to bring concepts to life in service of learning and advancing understanding of user needs and behaviors
- Conducting feedback discussions with users and internal stakeholders to refine concepts
- Aptitude in aligning product designs to business strategies and goals
- Fluency in prototyping across a variety of media, such as sketching, user stories, user journeys, wireframes, Figma, Sketch, Invision, Adobe XD, etc.
- Experience as a UX designer for digital products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- 5+ years of professional experience in UX design
- Experience with design systems
- Experience leading and managing multiple projects
- Experience working with agile design and development teams
- Experience working on fast-paced projects and bringing products to market
- Advanced degree in Interaction design, UX design, Human Computer Interaction, or similar field is a plus.
Why Join Our Team
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.