Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
Echo Logistics is looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our team. We are looking for a leader who thrives at creating their own direction. The role will report to the VP of Product while collaborating with all members of the product team. Candidates should have strong project expertise and be full stack/generalists with experience in enterprise design, design systems, user research, low fidelity prototyping and high fidelity UI designs. The role will be focused on helping to build and advance our internal transportation management tool.
- Be the voice of the user. Work closely with Echo employees (users) to understand their work and define challenges and opportunities
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Product Managers, and business stakeholders to define roadmaps and feature requirements
- Create workflows, wireframes, prototypes and high fidelity designs that solve business problems
- Work closely with front end developers and QA engineers to bring product to production environments
- Work with strategic analytics to test product features, understand user trends
- Collaborate with fellow UX Designers and Front End Engineers on establishing and maintaining design system components
- Be an engaged member of the UX Design team, working to improve our output across our internal and external products.
- Ability and drive to hit the ground running
- 5+ years of professional experience as a UX Designer on a Product Team
- Expert at industry standard design tools, we use mostly Sketch, Abstract and UXPin
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, comfortable leading conversations withsenior leadership across the organization
- A portfolio that displays strong visual design aesthetic, expertise at developing designconcepts, and strong writing skills
- Experience working across screen sizes and an understanding of the principles ofresponsive design and the 8 pt grid
- Experience with front-end programming is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies is a plus
- Experience in logistics industry is a plus
Please note, Echo Logistics is encouraging employees to work from home for the remainder of2020. For the time being this role will be remote, however traditionally this role works out of ourChicago office with flexibility to work from home.
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.