Sr. UX Designer
Position Overview: The ideal candidate is deeply versed in modern multi-device Product Design practices. Practices that extend from wireframes, flow diagrams and interaction design through visual design execution and creation of design specifications. We are looking for a self-starter who is driven to collaborate and inspire with engineers and stakeholders within the company. This position calls for someone who likes to create compelling and usable solutions in areas full of complexity. Design training and graphical sophistication, as well as a solid understanding of UX design patterns and interaction models are a must. A Product Design who is able to thrive in a highly collaborative environment is priceless in this position because of the emphasis on testing and iteration within the organization.
This Senior Product Designer would participate in and lead UX design brainstorming and work sessions. He/she would need to be able to sketch, produce storyboards, flow diagrams, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve the customer experience. This Sr. Product Designer would work with the UX + UI team to interpret test results and incorporate results into Product Design efforts. Effectively communicate, defend, and build consensus around visual + motion definition and Product Design direction. You would be creating visual materials as well as designing user interfaces within the structure of existing Web properties. The Sr. Product Designer has responsibilities across all Provide-Commerce brands.
- The ability to solve complex interaction design issues.
- Visual design, including composition, layout information hierarchy, typography and color.
- Gauging the usability of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change.
- Effectively share your point of view and expertise with project team members.
- 7+ years (education) or equivalent Product Design experience in product, company or agency.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid experience working with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with other UX Design software a plus (Omnigraffle, Invision, etc).
- Hand coding front-end markup (HTML,CSS) a plus.
- Ability to rapid prototype (from paper prototyping to interactive prototypes) a plus.
- Experience working in and/or basic understanding of a customer-facing business.
- Ability to think strategically as well as execute.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Capacity to work well in team environment.
- Experience in an eCommerce environment preferred.