Sr. UX Designer
Sphera is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability. Our mission is to create a safer, more sustainable and productive world.
We are a portfolio company of Genstar Capital, a leading middle-market private equity firm focused on investments in targeted segments of the software, industrial technology, financial services and healthcare industries. We operate like a start-up tech company but have over $100 million in annual revenue, with more than 3,000 customers, and operate in 70+ countries.
We are guided by our core values of Customer Centricity, Accountability, Bias to Action, Innovation, and Collaboration. These values help us recruit the right talent to join our rapidly expanding team of nearly 700 Spherions around the globe. It is important to us that each and every Spherion is not only eager to challenge themselves and knows how to get work done but is an awesome addition to our company culture.
At Sphera, we are helping our customers keep their people safe, their products sustainable and their operations productive. If you are a creative and passionate UX Designer, this is a great opportunity to join Sphera and together we build the cloud platform that will make our world safe and more sustainable.
The best people don't want a job, they want to change the world and themselves. The best want to challenge the status quo. The best want to grow themselves and their careers. Come check out what Sphera has to offer and how that matches up with your career goals.
Sphera is looking for UX Designers who have a strong proficiency with Interaction Design (IxD). Competency in Visual Design (VxD) and user research is a plus.
- Participate in the Agile software development (Scrum/Kanban) process from concept through delivery to ensure the successful implementation of user interfaces for our cloud software.
- Design world class user experiences through the creation of intuitive user interafaces, using established design patterns based on user research.
- Use established testing procedures to ensure designs are thoroughly tested throughout development and before release. In addition, designs should conform to current accessibility legislation in countries of operations.
- Collaborate with product owners to define/refine requirements, break down into development tasks, estimate effort, and plan milestones & deliverables.
- Bachelors degree in User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, Web Design, or other relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience in user experience or a related design field. Enterprise level software experience s preferred.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Balsamiq, Axure, InVision, etc.
- Experience practicing Scrum/Kanban and can adapt to Scrum values.
- Ensure designs conform to online style guide and contribute to efforts to standardize design.
- Demonstrable and/or responsive design experience.
- Work with developers to ensure design concepts (developed through paper prototyping and wire framing) are successfully realized within the product.
- Refined analytical and detail oriented problem-solving skills
- Ability to justify and explain design decisions
- Be a proactive team member who contributes, collaborates and demonstrates positive behavior
- Works effectively & independently in a dynamic team environment.
- Proven time management, organizational and follow-up skills to meet deadlines
- Quality-orientation with passion for customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated initiative to learn & experiment with new technologies and processes.
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Sphera is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.