At NextCapital, we build financial software that helps everyday investors build and manage a world-class financial portfolio. Our work directly benefits the millions of Americans who can’t afford traditional financial advice, by providing them a solution driven by software. Working with the world’s leading financial institutions, our software tackles the complex challenges of providing financial advice through an intuitive and engaging user experience.
JOIN OUR TEAM
We're looking for a talented and highly motivated UX designer to join our growing team. As a growth stage technology company, NextCapital is seeking candidates eager to be part of a team, working closely with every part of the company, from engineers to executives. Learn more about us at www.themuse.com/companies/nextcapital
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with a talented team of visual and UX designers to improve retirement outcomes for our customers
- Design user flows and information architecture to create intuitive and meaningful user experiences
- Define UX and technical requirements for software features and improvements
- Guide designs from conception to production in collaboration with graphic designers, engineers and product owners
- Conduct usability studies and user research projects so you can advocate for the user among the product team
- Synthesize and share research insights with other members of the design team, product managers, developers and senior leadership
- Produce wireframes for initial validation with stakeholder
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have 3-5 years experience in user experience design
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Design, Engineering, Business or equivalent experience
- You recognize and appreciate appealing UX in software
- You are results-oriented and will just as soon defend the ideas of others as your own
- You understand the software development life cycle, and development methodologies like agile & lean
- You possess strong communication skills and are eager to work with people across different skill sets and seniority
- You are detail-oriented and have experience juggling multiple priorities and overlapping project timelines
- You’re comfortable representing NextCapital in communication with outside teams
Please submit your portfolio as a cover letter.
***At this time, NextCapital will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position***
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
- See your work move into production quickly, and avoid the bureaucracy that slows down larger companies
- Receive great benefits like stock options, employer 401(k) match, and employer contributions to health, dental and vision coverage
- Enjoy a laid back work environment surrounded by top quality designers & engineers that enjoy working with each other
- Get in on the ground floor of a growth stage company where you can have a real impact on the company's future
- Participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, Thursday After Hours (cards, video games, treats), fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events.
- Sip locally roasted coffee or espresso at your modular sitting/standing desk.