Sr. UX Researcher at Kin + Carta
Solstice is seeking a Senior User Experience Discovery and Validation Researcher. The ideal candidate will be analytical and have a proven ability to lead investigative conversations. In order to do so, this Researcher will be working onsite with the client and traveling to interview users. If you are passionate about getting clients closer to their customers - read on!
What we are looking for in you:
- You are excited and passionate about immersing yourself in the customer’s environment and searching out new opportunities to improve their experience.
- You are able to speak to the value of research and “sell” stakeholders on a comprehensive research plan.
- You are skilled at creating discussion guides and leading open-ended, contextual conversations to help generate answers to key questions as well as discover what the team didn’t know they didn’t know.
- You have experience crafting and leading UX research using both qualitative and quantitative research methods and analysis. You are proficient in a variety of UX research methods and tools, including rapid experimentation, prototyping, usability testing (remote and in-person), ride-alongs, journey mapping, card sorting, prototyping, user interviews, usability testing, persona development - and know how/when to advocate for different methods.
- You’re able to manage your own time, whether working on a team in a collaborative environment or working independently.
- Proven ability to collaborate with designers to realize human-centered designs based on your understanding of HCI fundamentals.
- Working closely with a development and design team is something you have done and enjoy.
- You are an advocate for the user. You’re passionate about uncovering pain points and delights in a digital interface, as well as helping to solve difficult user experience problems based on your research.
- You are able to effectively articulate issues and concerns to team members and clients as well as work to strategize potential solutions.
- Experience working in a consulting capacity, specifically in a client facing role is a plus.
- You have a passion for FinTech, IoT, or other emerging tech enterprise verticals
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Journalism, or related field.
What you can look forward to in the job:
- Your work at Solstice matters. The research you do here will have a direct impact on the client projects on which you’re engaged. The designs you help inform will be seen and used by thousands of people every.
- Taking a client’s vision from conception to completion and delivery. In addition, you’ll be a trusted advisor on the mobile experience they will provide to their customers.
- You will work with some of the brightest, most talented UX’ers around - you’ll learn something new daily, and we would like to learn from you.
- Crafting research plans and discussion guides, conducting end-user interviews, synthesizing and analyzing research feedback, and developing lean documentation to keep your team focused on the user.
- You’ll work closely with designers for our innovative mobile application product suite.
Any design experience (desktop or mobile) is a plus however we are looking for a UX researcher first and foremost.