Sr. UX Researcher at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 140,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Grubhub User Experience Research team is a curated group of talented, fun loving people who are passionate about making great products. Our work directly influences product strategy and is used by multiple teams within the organization.
We're looking for an enthusiastic candidate to take our research practice to the next level. This candidate will design and conduct both generative and evaluative research studies frequently and efficiently. They will be responsible for designing test plans, recruiting users, facilitating research studies, analyzing results, and presenting insights (the basic stuff). Additionally, this person will be expected to champion our users to the Design and Product organization. This might mean working with our partners to ensure we are asking the right questions, identifying overlooked research opportunities, as well as looking for education opportunities in regards to best practices, breaking down silos, etc.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Work closely with designers, product managers, and developers to identify research topics and plan research studies. This might mean working with cross functional teams.multiple devices, brands and platforms, in order to find opportunities to further improve the user experience
- Design, recruit and moderate research studies regularly (both in-person and remote)
- Use a variety of research methods and tools to best reach the goals of each project in order to provide rich, actionable insights
- Communicate research findings and prioritized recommendations to internal stakeholders in a clear and compelling way
You Should Have
- Minimum of 5 years of experience conducting ux research on a variety of devices/platforms (desktop, smartphone, tablet)
- Experience with numerous user research methods, including in-person and remote moderated one-one-one sessions, concept testing, card sorting, iterative prototype testing, contextual inquiry, A/B testing, etc.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills and ability to multitask multiple projects at a time
- Comfortable working both collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced, quick turnaround environment
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred in research, psychology, social science or a related field
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.