Sr. UX/UI Product Designer (D2C) at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What’s a Senior Product Designer at Clearcover?
In order to fulfill our mission of putting car insurance in the places that matter, when they matter; we need to design and build the tools necessary to create seamless experiences and workflows for both our internal customer advocates, partner agents, and of course our amazing customers. We are looking for a Senior UX/UI Product Designer to join our growing product design team to design these cutting edge user experiences for our users. The Sr. Product Designer will own and lead the Research, UX Design, and Visual Design of our consumer facing products. This is an incredible opportunity to design the end-to-end experience of how our users receive a quote, purchase a policy, and then interact with our insurance products post-purchase.
As the lead designer for our consumer experiences you will be responsible for working closely with the product management teams, research team, and department-stakeholders to be the voice-of-the-user in supporting & prioritizing product decisions being made within the product and sprint backlogs.
What will you do?
- Make the complexities of insurance purchasing easy to navigate and understand for the user
- Work with product owners and stakeholders to discover future product solutions and strategies within your product domain
- Conduct self-managed UX research to discover or validate the impact of a feature you are working on
- Create industry leading visual designs that captivate our users while applying for and using their Clearcover insurance
- Work with the product team to design the quickest, easiest, and most accurate insurance quoting experience possible for our users
- Empower our users to be able to quickly and easily manage or use their car insurance themselves through our mobile application
- Responsible for being the voice-of-the-customer within your product focus, and helping build user empathy throughout the greater org
- You’ll be responsible to clearly and accurately communicate your design decisions to stakeholders across the organization
- Design & create interactive prototypes that allow stakeholders to see the user journey through new product features & solutions
- Help ensure that the consumer facing digital experiences remain consistent
- Support the product design efforts needed for both our award winning mobile app, as well as our easy to use application processes.
- Actively grow and maintain an internal design system that is shared among a larger set of digital products.
- You will reference existing data to identify areas that could be improved in both usability and functionality across our web and mobile products.
- You will work with our other product designers to collaborate on product solutions across squads.
What do you need?
- Experience designing products across a variety of platforms including but not limited to; web, mobile, iOS, and Android.
- A portfolio showcasing a captivating visual designs
- Expertise in one or more prototyping tools (InVision, Sketch, Principal, Framer).
- Extensive hands-on experience with one or more design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- 3-5+ years of professional experience in a consumer-facing product design role.
- A strong understanding and familiarity with UX heuristics & best design practices.
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate design ideas to stakeholders.
- The willingness to ask questions when you lack the details to complete a task to the highest standards.
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium, 75% of your dependents and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social