Staff Instructional Designer/Media Developer at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
Our Technical Training & Enablement team designs, develops, and delivers technical training and enablement for ServiceNow’s Product organization. We are passionate about making ServiceNow an incredible place to work for every employee and helping ServiceNow achieve its mission. We partner with leaders in our Engineering, Technical Support, and other technology teams to help them achieve their business objectives through learning solutions.
The Staff Instructional Designer/Media Developer will work collaboratively with teammates and subject matter experts to design and develop high quality, just in time training for employees within ServiceNow’s Product organization. This role will also participate in ongoing efforts to innovate our approach to delivering the right training, at the right time, at the right level to drive measurable business impact.
What you get to do in this role:
- Design and develop high-quality instructional materials and curricula for a variety of delivery types e.g., eLearning, video, instructor-led training. targeting ServiceNow’s internal technical audience
- Interface with subject matter experts, key stakeholders, leadership, and peers to meet business needs across multiple cross-functional teams
- Play a key role in the management of training projects, including coordinating activities for geographically dispersed teams, defining project timelines, identifying priorities, creating storyboards, writing scripts, creating design documents, developing and revising content , and incorporating feedback from peers and subject matter experts
- Adhere to appropriate instructional standards and best practices, including analyzing needs and creating design documents and storyboards to outline the course structure
- Review existing content and other source materials to design and develop courseware
- Conduct course evaluations to determine effectiveness of training and incorporate measurement and assessment results into future training
- Improve training effectiveness of content, including transforming existing materials, such as videos and PowerPoint presentations, into eLearning and other training deliverables
- Offer training recommendations and innovative design and learning solutions for continuous improvement
To be successful in this role you have:
- A strong desire to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams. Ability to coordinate projects, including creating timelines and meeting deadlines.
- Extensive technical background and experience with enterprise software (SaaS/PaaS a plus), IT Service Management (ITSM) applications and tools, and familiarity with ITIL framework are strongly preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a technical training environment, preferably complex software systems, designing for eLearning/web-based training.
- The ability to collaborate with and extract knowledge from subject matter experts and synthesize content from multiple sources to create training that achieves the learning objectives.
- Demonstrated technical writing ability with emphasis on writing scripts for eLearning and video narration and the ability to follow pre-determined writing guidelines.
- Experience in applying modern instructional design practices and methodologies to support training, learning, and eLearning/web-based training development.
- An innovative design approach that is not limited by a particular tool or method.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and instructional systems design (ADDIE, Agile), and Kirkpatrick’s training evaluation levels.
- Demonstrated experience with learning and design tools and learning management systems.
- Practical use of Camtasia, Premier Pro, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Expertise in using an eLearning development tool, Articulate Storyline or Captivate, preferred.
- Experience working with audio, audio leveling, filtering and noise removal, etc.
- Experience with analyzing data to draw conclusions, assess impact, and make recommendations for updates to training is a plus.
- Project management skills desired.
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent verbal, written, proofreading, editing skills, and reading comprehension skills.
- Resourceful, self-motivated, and able to independently prioritize shifting workload in a high growth, ever changing environment.
- Strong growth mindset, always looking for ways to improve.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills – able to work well with many different types of people.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo.
- The ability to travel, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design or equivalent.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work PersonasWork personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in OfficeA required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
FlexibleA flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
RemoteA remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.