The Marketing Store, a HAVI company, is a privately held global Agency that innovates, optimizes and drives marketing promotions and supply chains of many of the best-known brands in the world. When you work at The Marketing Store, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
We are staffed by a senior team of classically trained marketing professionals. Having developed an insightful, strategic, brand-building process for creating advertising campaigns, we have adapted this same thinking to promotions, digital, direct, the Internet, CRM, loyalty, premiums and events. The result is unique solutions that cover the gamut of marketing channels. Our clients include McDonald’s, Nissan, Infiniti, T-Mobile and more!
Provide high-level design principles and advanced illustration skills in the creation of high-concept, on brand, high-impact 3D Kid's TOY Product, Packaging, POS, and presentation materials. When needed: to help direct creative development from start to finish, ensuring that it meets and exceeds our Clients’ and Licensing Partners’ expectations and objectives.
- Reports to: Creative Director
- Internal: Creative design team; Engineering team; R&D team; Account Management team; Product Safety team; Agency Creative team
- External: Clients, Licensors, Freelancers
- Generate strong, strategy-based, design/illustration solutions and champion them with enthusiasm
- Provide high-end, presentation-level Line Art illustrations for prototypes and decks
- Contribute enhanced design expertise and inspiration at the concept level and throughout every project assigned
- Assist CD and CCO throughout the creative development process; from start-up to presentation
- Contribute concepts for share in internal ideation reviews,
- Assist in planning for client presentations and meeting deadlines
- Help determine project priorities and share resources as needed
- Participate in creative reviews and take follow-up action
- Participate in client presentations as directed by CD.
- Work closely with account, planning, production and business support to develop and implement concepts for all product presentations
- Work to provide new approaches for creative exploration, and deliver innovative ideas and solutions based on program briefs
- Consistently monitor projects to ensure presentation deadlines are met
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in design / product design, BFA/MFA a plus
- 4+ years of experience in a design and illustration within a promotional marketing agency/toy company preferred
- Strong Conceptual thinker; able to generate NEW and Engaging ideas with a strong eye towards a ‘never been done before’ approach
- Comprehensive design background with solid experience in multiple disciplines of art direction such as merchandising and promotions
- Experience in the management of inside and outside resources
- Strong process and project management skills
- Understanding of Manufacturing Process for Retail Toy Product extremely helpful
- Ability to champion ideas at all levels
- Excellent illustration and drawing skills, both traditional and digital
- Advanced computer expertise in a wide range of programs with thorough knowledge of Ability to work closely with illustrators, freelance designers, sculptors, to obtain the desired creative output
- Adobe Creative Suite [Photoshop], Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Outstanding communications skills (written, verbal and visual) with an understanding of the importance roll that design plays, as a communication tool
- Strong awareness of Retail Trends; specifically, those related to Children’s Toys
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and inter-personal skills
- Experience with, or understanding of Z-brush or Freeform 3D modeling programs is a definite plus
- Ability to concept new product ideas based on specific design parameters and aligned with established marketing strategy; pricing and safety constraints; and activating targeted Kids Play Patterns
- Demonstrate an understanding of product design and manufacturing
- Possesses an awareness or appreciation of the following:
- Children's Toys; Licensed Properties
- Pop Culture: Kid and Family films; Cartoons; Comics
- Retail collectibles
Essential Physical/Other Requirements:
- Works under frequent time pressures and ‘open concept’ office distractions
- Must be able to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of employees within TMS, as well as with Clients, Licensing Partners and Vendors
- Must possess an innate sense of fun
The Marketing Store provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.
Thank you for your interest in The Marketing Store.
Please note that we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
The Marketing Store is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not accept unsolicited calls, resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and agencies.