UI Designer I at Vail Systems, Inc.
UI Designer I
Who You Are
Interested in designing digital products for web, mobile and other emerging platforms?
This position requires a strong, hands-on interaction and User Interface Designer that will fully participate in the product design and development process – including Interface design, information architecture, Figma prototyping, discovery and ideation, low and high-fidelity wire-framing in addition to research and analysis.
- Creation and design of UX/UI artifacts for responsive web platforms.
- Define interaction models, user task flows, and UI (user interface) specifications.
- Conceptualizing, creating, and delivering UI documentation, including visual interaction design, clickable prototypes, style guides, etc.
- Working collaboratively and independently with developers and product owners to help influence and define product requirements that translate into meaningful, user-friendly designs that will deliver measurable results.
- Effectively communicating your design decisions and solutions to stakeholders.
- Working with our UX team, Senior UX designers, product managers and our development team.
- Making a direct impact on products that will be in production for end-users.
We encourage you to apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
- 2 or more years in a UX/UI focused role (i.e., User Experience Designer, Product Designer, Digital Designer, Visual Designer).
- Experience with user-centered design thinking methodologies, including but not limited to heuristic analysis, competitive research, journey mapping, user personas, collaborative ideation, and discovery, etc.
- Experience with common digital design tools, including Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other emerging applications within the product design space.
- An online or sharable portfolio of work that demonstrates your design process, user experience and visual design skills.
- Familiarity with current web standards, Agile software development and production processes.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication, organizational and documentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a design-related field, preferred
- Experience with motion and interaction design tools, preferred
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3 and common front-end frameworks, preferred
Who We Are
At Vail, we believe in the unique power of voice interactions to create more expressive, more intimate, and more efficient interpersonal interactions. Using Vail technology, we make millions of voice interactions better every day. We process around 10% of all toll-free call traffic in the U.S; 1 in 10 times when someone calls a customer support hotline Vail is routing or interacting with that call.
We are rapidly growing across multiple dimensions, including our customer base, the scope of products we offer, and the size of our team. Now is the right time for a strong candidate to join and grow with us. We have a supportive culture where employees are encouraged to achieve both personal and team goals because we believe growth leads to both business impact and personal fulfillment.
We offer competitive compensation and affordable benefits with flexibility and choice to meet individual and family (including Domestic Partnerships) needs including:
- Multiple medical, dental, and vision plan options
- Company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match every pay period (50% on first 6% of employee contribution)
- 31 days PTO
- Annual Bonus Program
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Relocation allowance
- Employee referral bonus
- Gym membership
- Access to LinkedIn Learning
We are striving to implement and sustain an inclusive and equitable work environment for all employees by sourcing underrepresented groups and continually empowering those individuals within our organization to further enrich Vail’s communication solutions. We recognize that equitable and unique individuals benefit our teams’ problem-solving, innovation and development efforts.
Vail’s offices are located in Deerfield, IL, and Chicago, IL. We will continue to interview and onboard employees remotely during this unprecedented time. We are not requiring employees to come into our offices at this time. Once the pandemic ends, we will observe a hybrid work arrangement giving employees continued flexibility to come into the office based on personal, team, and business needs.