UI Designer at Forager
Forager is growing and building something incredibly complex. Due to this growth, we’ve created a new role, UI Designer, to run point on design needs in both our marketing and product organizations. Reporting to our Head of Product, the UI Designer will help execute on visual design needs for our software platform’s multiple UIs as well as support graphic design needs of the marketing team.
- Develop and iterate on sketches, wireframes, diagrams, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs.
- Work closely with the UX/UI Designer and the product managers to ensure UI designs meet product specifications.
- In partnership with the UX/UI Designer, flesh out and improve Forager’s end-to-end user experience.
- Collaborate with the Head of Marketing to support design needs for our website, sales collateral, and other marketing materials.
- Attend and eventually run user and customer research sessions in pursuit of well-defined personas.
- Help the product and marketing teams define and grow a shared personality and voice in our designs.
- Help the product team develop and assemble a cohesive product style guide and UI component library.
- Help grow our understanding of user journeys and user experience.
What You’ll Bring
- Comfort with wireframing tools, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, CSS and HTML, Microsoft Office Suite, and an ability to incorporate original drawing and illustration.
- Open, clear, and honest communication. You thrive in an environment of constructive criticism and feedback.
- Experience with usability testing.
- The flexibility to iterate on designs quickly based on feedback.
- Demonstrable design skills and grasp of principles including typography, composition, color theory, and data visualization.
- Ability to self-manage in an environment of constant ambiguity and context switching.
- Passionate advocacy for our users all day, every day.
- A desire to make things simpler.
Who we are?
Forager is a logistics tech startup with one goal: simplify cross-border freight with a combination of purpose-built technology and decades of industry experience. We're building an automated and collaborative marketplace that connects cross-border shippers (customers) with their optimal carrier (trucking companies) based on region, price, and service rating.
In response to COVID-19 & Forager’s commitment to keeping our employees, their families and our community safe, we have made the decision to continue working remotely through the remainder of the 2020 year. This means all new hires will be onboarded and trained remotely. *Note: we are open to remote work and location for this job, beyond a return to work plan.
Forager is an equal employment opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected characteristics.