UI Designer at Jellyvision
Jellyvision is hiring a User Interface Designer
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX, a platform that saves employees and their employers money by making tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—less confusing and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need an experienced User Interface Designer to help us continue on our journey.
How you’ll help
As a User Interface Designer working on the Jellyvision Design team, you will help create products that are engaging and intuitive by designing and architecting interactive components that can be applied across multiple products. You will work closely with Product Managers, User Experience Designers, Engineers, and key stakeholders to understand the business, user, and technical goals for the product to be delivered. User Interface Designers work diligently to bring high-fidelity designs to life, filling in gaps between design specifications and development.
What you’ll do
- Lead the Creative Team's front-end development function within specific product teams to ensure scalability, reuse/efficiency, technical integrity, and overall creative excellence.
- Establish, own, document, and evangelize visual style guidelines and reusable design patterns for interactive components so that they can scale to support many products.
- Collaborate with User Experience Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to build and design product features.
- Provide input as a cross-functional team member to define, evolve, and socialize the iterative design process.
- Champion the needs of the user within the company.
- Help to inform the product roadmap.
- Support implementation teams in order to ensure creative quality.
- Optimize the UI design process to increase efficiency.
- Manage a dynamic workload to balance priorities with deadlines to effectively meet project needs.
Experience & skills you’ll need
- 5+ years experience designing digital products for web and mobile.
- Expert knowledge of HTML, CSS, CSS preprocessors such as Sass, and other front-end technologies, with an expert-level understanding of rendering issues in modern desktop and mobile browsers.
- Expert in current and emerging web and mobile interaction design patterns and trends.
- Expert in online content presentation, layout, and information design.
- Experience collaborating with engineers within a cross-functional team.
- Experience working with embedded motion graphics, animations, and dynamic page transitions is required.
- Expert in mobile web front-end architecture specifically related to HTML5 responsive web development.
- Strong understanding of visual design, typographic design, and high-level conceptual design thinking.
- Strong understanding of Adobe XD, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma, and/or equivalent graphic design tools.
- Well-versed in web-based information architecture and user-centered design methods.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to justify design and development choices.
- Strong digital portfolio of examples that demonstrate the above.
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git is a strong requirement.
- Collaborates effectively
- Effective communication
- Decision Quality
- Navigates complexity
- Tech savvy
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!