UI Designer at Strata Decision Technology
Here @ Strata…
We are committed to our mission to help heal healthcare. Our unique culture is driven by a social, hardworking environment full of talented people solving problems together. We embrace learning, cross-team collaboration, and continuous career growth. Lifting each other to lift our clients, our product, our company. If being part of a fun, fast-moving, innovative team is what you seek? Keep reading.
We look for someone who:
- Is Service-Centric: Someone who desires to make an impact in and outside of our office. We look for service minded people to support our customers, each other and our community.
- Has a Growth Mindset: Driven to own your individual learning and development (We’ll help you - we have a team dedicated to training you and providing extra educational resources).
- Rocks Impact: Thinks two steps ahead to ensure the work we do will solve problems and make a difference.
- Will be a StrataPro: Accountable. Prepared. Positive. Core to who we are and how we treat one another.
What you’ll do in this role:
As a User Interface Designer, you’ll join our growing design team in creating a high-quality user experience that will help many of the nation’s leading healthcare providers utilize their financial, operational, and clinical data to drive their mission of providing world-class care, while improving their financial health. Here’s how you’ll do it:
- Design elegant, intentional solutions through thoughtful use of type, color, hierarchy, interactions, and data visualization
- Constantly strive to make complex information clear
- Contribute to our design system, including visual styles, components, and icons
- Collaborate closely with UX designers, developers, and product managers
- Communicate your designs to others through clear visual specs, prototypes, and other artifacts
- Assure design quality by supporting developers with desk checks and reviews
- Participate in regular design critiques
- Participate in user research sessions alongside UX designers
- Promote transparency and collaboration by asking tough questions, discussing new ideas, and remaining open to opposing viewpoints
- Help shape the direction of the design discipline by being a positive role model
Your accomplishments include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in design or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- A portfolio demonstrating a strong understanding of visual hierarchy, core design principles, typography, color, iconography, and data visualization
- Experience with solving visual problems at scale, such as defining the visual language for entire products or working with an established design system, a plus
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Understanding of HTML/CSS with knowledge of accessibility standards
- Fluency in Sketch, InVision, or other industry-standard design tool
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.