UI Designer at Strata Decision Technology
Here @ Strata…
We are committed to our mission to help heal healthcare. Our unique culture is driven by a social, hardworking environment full of talented people solving problems together. We embrace learning, cross-team collaboration, and continuous career growth. Lifting each other to lift our clients, our product, our company. If being part of a fun, fast-moving, innovative team is what you seek? Keep reading.
We look for someone who:
- Is Service-Centric: Someone who desires to make an impact in and outside of our office. We look for service minded people to support our customers, each other and our community.
- Has a Growth Mindset: Driven to own your individual learning and development (We’ll help you - we have a team dedicated to training you and providing extra educational resources).
- Rocks Impact: Thinks two steps ahead to ensure the work we do will solve problems and make a difference.
- Will be a StrataPro: Accountable. Prepared. Positive. Core to who we are and how we treat one another.
What you’ll do in this role:
As a User Interface Designer, you’ll join our growing design team in creating a high-quality user experience that will help many of the nation’s leading healthcare providers utilize their financial, operational, and clinical data to drive their mission of providing world-class care, while improving their financial health. Here’s how you’ll do it:
- Design thoughtful solutions to complex workflows through intentional use of hierarchy, interactions, and data visualization
- Dig into financial and clinical data to understand the insights our users will draw from it so that your designs are meaningful, not only beautiful
- Articulate interactions, edge cases, and rationale of your designs to others through clear visual specs, prototypes, and other design artifacts as needed
- Contribute to our design system, including visual standards and components
- Collaborate closely with UX designers, developers, and product managers
- Assure design quality by supporting developers with desk checks and reviews
- Participate in regular design critiques
- Participate in user research sessions led by UX designers
- Promote transparency and collaboration by asking tough questions, discussing new ideas, and remaining open to opposing viewpoints
- Help shape the direction of the design discipline by being a positive role model
Your accomplishments include:
- 2+ years of product design experience, SaaS highly preferred
- A portfolio demonstrating a strong understanding of visual hierarchy, core design principles, data visualization, and obsessive attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to ship the product while maintaining high design standards through balancing pixel perfection with real constraints
- Experience implementing accessibility standards preferred
- Understanding of HTML/CSS required, ability to code a plus
- Mobile and responsiveness experience a plus
- Fluency in a variety of industry-standard design tools