Overview of the UI/UX Designer role at Snapsheet
We are looking for a data-driven user advocate who can turn complex business requirements into intuitive workflows for our web and mobile products.
When launching a new product or feature, as a UI/UX Designer, you will be a key player in the initial concept meeting asking thought-provoking questions and brainstorming the design of the product. Once you understand the need, you will put together personas and utilize internal and external research to prove each element of your design. The end result will be an alluring design that leads the user to action. You utilize your research to give credibility to your design while encouraging collaboration and innovation from the tech team to help exceed design standards. As a UI/UX designer you create interesting and creative designs, but you also pride yourself on the success of each workflow. To prove success, you put evaluations in place for each concept - running user tests, analyzing key metrics and more. At Snapsheet you will feel the impact you make as a designer because you design and innovate on our products that reach millions of customers.
What You'll Do as a UI/UX Designer
- Direction and execution of User Interface, User Experience, and Visual Design for:
- Mobile apps
- Web portals
- Color use
- Guidelines & Standards
- Documenting User Flows
- User Research & Testing
- Interaction Design
- Design Documentation
- Partner with the engineering team to oversee the user experience of product and modify the design to produce a seamless candidate journey.
- Participate in the full design process from concept, to creation, to measurement.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative user research to create a facts based design
- Translate requirements into technical specifications
- Develop user flows, journeys and personas
- Facilitate collaboration through design thinking sessions encouraging innovative solutions
- Create original and interesting designs, typography, iconography, and art
- Perform various user testing and validation practices
- Build upon design brand guidelines and style kits
What We Are Looking For in a UI/UX Designer
- BA/BS degree in a UX/UI related field OR equivalent work experience
- 4+ years as a designer
- Mastery of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, etc
- Solid background in web and native app design
- Effectively articulate and defend your ideas in front of a variety of audiences
- Expertise in wireframes, prototyping and layout design
- The ability to give & receive feedback supported by data and experience
- A willingness to collaborate and a desire to create
- Experience distilling large data sets into friendly, insightful visualizations
- A history working with Development teams