Role: UX Designer
Level: Mid to Senior
Location: West Loop, Chicago, IL
Reports to: Director of Software Products
Fast Radius is the leading software-enhanced, industrial-grade, 3D printing manufacturer. Our strategic partnership with UPS allows us to offer turnaround as quickly as same-day. From functional prototypes to real engineered parts produced in the tens of thousands, Fast Radius guarantees quality with the fastest delivery times in the industry.
Global corporations and new innovators are choosing Fast Radius to deliver on the promise of on-demand manufacturing, reduce upfront production costs, accelerate product development and make the once unthinkable goal of ‘zero inventory’ a reality.
In addition to UPS, Fast Radius is backed by some of the leading investment firms in the US, including Drive Capital, Jump Capital, Hyde Park Venture Partners and others.
Why Software UX is Important To Us:
Fast Radius is fundamentally a data driven organization. From how we print our parts to how we interact with our clients, we believe that everything we do can be done better if we understand our processes and parts better. In order to achieve that goal we can’t use off the shelf order and part management systems. We know they were predominantly designed prior to UX maturing as a field of expertise, and they create data silos which will slow us down in the long run.
In order to build the manufacturing network of the future we need a custom software platform designed specifically for our company, we need a platform that integrates our sales process with our order tracking processes and finally with our plant so that we can have a complete real time understanding of how our business operates and how each independent process affects the parts we produce. And we need it to be easy to use. We can’t do that without building our own tools.
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years experience designing software products, especially those that are data heavy and require efficient data collection across a variety of input methods (forms, QR codes, sensors, etc.)
- Ability and desire to work in our collaborative environment: open team room, multiple customer and business stakeholders, and with a variety of perspectives
- Strong skills with Sketch and InVision, and how the designs translate into web elements
- Ability to research customer needs (both internal and external) and think through all paths that a user might travel on his/her journey
- Comfort with ambiguity: nobody has built this system before or anything quite like it, so we will be discovering a lot as we go
- Clear communication skills - visual, verbal and written
- Nice to have: Experience building and maintaining a design system,
What Fast Radius will provide you:
- Engaging challenges to tackle every day with other smart, ambitious and motivated people
- Competitive salary + bonus + equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a high-growth business and take on additional responsibilities as you prove yourself and become ready for new challenges
- Balance work and life with an unlimited vacation policy, office holidays and flexible working options
- Maternity leave: 12 weeks paid with an option to extend up to 6 months under certain conditions
How to apply:
The company and team culture we’re building is important to us, so include a note explaining what you’ve been building and why you’d make a great addition to our team in your application.