USER EXPERIENCE LEAD / SENIOR USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER
At Champion Healthcare, we track critical implants throughout hospitals to help drive better care. Join an established startup that empowers healthcare professionals to make decisions to improve outcomes, increase quality, and drive down cost.
As Champion’s UX Lead, you are passionate about building great SaaS products for Healthcare. The ideal candidate must demonstrate sustained success designing and delivering a robust portfolio of products for enterprise applications. We seek an individual that can directly contribute as well as inspire others across the full spectrum of User Experience: research, strategy, and design.
- Determined to improve the way healthcare works
- Curious as to why things are the way they are, and willing to find new ways to solve challenges
- Empathetic to challenges and difficulties healthcare professionals face, and able to connect with their needs through product design
- Passionate about developing products that customers value and love to use
- Able to inspire a development team to pursue your vision
- Partner with Product Management in defining product design across Champion’s product suite
- Design and conduct user testing and research activities (virtual, in-person, formative, summative, heuristic); synthesize results into appropriate artifacts and present to stakeholders
- Define, cultivate, and advance a portfolio wide Design language
- Produce development ready wireframes and engage the development team to ensure completion of stories in line with the intended design
- Mentor colleagues across teams in UX best practices and methodologies
- Own user stories through execution, collaborating with engineering on implementation questions to arrive at optimal solutions
- Collaborate with other team members and decision makers 2
- 6 or more years of experience in User Experience Design for desktop applications
- Prior experience delivering software products in a B2B setting required, B2C is nice to have
- Prior experience working in healthcare related fields, exceptions made for outstanding candidates
- Prior experience designing and running user research
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with product management to define user needs and effectively prioritize those with greatest user impact
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, and usability and accessibility concerns (WCAG 2.0)
- Knowledge of mobile-first and responsive design
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions
- Be willing to help colleagues, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- Apply your skills toward a meaningful career in healthcare. What better way to make an impact than to improve patient’s outcomes and lives.
- Work with Chicago’s ecosystem of start-up companies. Located near Merchandise Mart, Champion Healthcare is co-located with many of Chicago’s best entrepreneurial minds.
- Established start-up. As a venture backed company with an on-market product, join a start-up without the stresses that a brand new company typically faces.
- Health and dental insurance.