User Experience Researcher at Kin + Carta
At Kin + Carta, we’ve got opportunities to offer you — for growth, for leadership, for big, world-changing impact and for, dare we say it, fun. We are a global workforce that is committed to building a world that works better for everyone. And that starts with our Kin. That’s why we’re proud of:
- The life we create within our virtual walls, every day
- Being B Corp certified
- Our honor as a “Best Large Firm to Work For” by Consulting Magazine
Kin + Carta is seeking a User Experience Discovery and Validation Researcher to join our UX Department. The ideal candidate will be analytical and have a proven ability to lead investigative conversations. If you are passionate about getting clients closer to their customers - read on!
- Your work at Kin + Carta matters. The research you do here will have a direct impact on the client projects on which you’re engaged. The designs you help inform will be seen and used by thousands of people every.
- Taking a client’s vision from conception to completion and delivery. In addition, you’ll be a trusted advisor on the digital experience they will provide to their customers.
- You will work with some of the brightest, most talented UX’ers around - you’ll learn something new daily, and we would like to learn from you.
- Crafting research plans and discussion guides, conducting end-user interviews, synthesizing and analyzing research feedback, and developing lean documentation to keep your team focused on the user.
- You’ll work closely with designers for our innovative digital application product suite.
- You are excited and passionate about immersing yourself in the customer’s environment and searching out new opportunities to improve their experience.
- You are able to speak to the value of research and “sell” stakeholders on a comprehensive research plan.
- You are skilled at creating discussion guides and leading open-ended, contextual conversations to help generate answers to key questions as well as discover what the team didn’t know they didn’t know.
- You have experience crafting and leading UX research using both qualitative and quantitative research methods and analysis. You are proficient in a variety of UX research methods and tools, including rapid experimentation, prototyping, usability testing (remote and in-person), ride-alongs, journey mapping, card sorting, prototyping, user interviews, usability testing, persona development - and know how/when to advocate for different methods.
- You’re able to manage your own time, whether working on a team in a collaborative environment or working independently.
- Proven ability to collaborate with designers to realize human-centered designs based on your understanding of HCI fundamentals.
- Working closely with a development and design team is something you have done and enjoy.
- You are an advocate for the user. You’re passionate about uncovering pain points and delights in a digital interface, as well as helping to solve difficult user experience problems based on your research.
- You are able to effectively articulate issues and concerns to team members and clients as well as work to strategize potential solutions.
- Experience working in a consulting capacity, specifically in a client-facing role is a plus.
- You have a passion for FinTech, IoT, or other emerging tech enterprise verticals
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Journalism, or related field.
- Any design experience is a plus however we are looking for a UX researcher first and foremost.
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy committed to working alongside our clients to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. Our 1,700 curious minds make creative connections between people, data and technology to create connected outcomes across the full lifecycle of the product and platform ecosystems.
We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. We help businesses accelerate their digital roadmap, rapidly innovate, modernize their systems, enable their teams and optimize for continued growth.
We are a technology business with trust and human connection at its heart. As a Certified B Corp, our triple bottom line focus on people, the planet and profit is at the core of everything we do.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Awareness, check out the IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.