User Experience Researcher at dscout
We are dscout. At our core, we are People Nerds. We empower our customers to meet the people who matter to them in the moments that matter most. Customer-obsessed companies and agencies like Lyft, Nike, IDEO, and REI use dscout to build better products and services because of people like you. We are building a smart and driven team in our Chicago HQ, and we would love for you to join us.
We are looking for a user experience researcher (UXR) to drive foundational, generative, and evaluative research as we work together to create the best in-context research products. In this highly visible role - you are a user experience researcher, in a company building user research tools - your work will greatly influence our products and services, and your subject matter expertise will be an asset to our marketing, sales, customer success, and Studio (consulting) teams.
As a UXR, you’ll be an integral member of the product team and collaborate closely with stakeholders across the organization. As part of your extensive experience, you have used many remote research products and are comfortable engaging in both quant and qual methods.
Alongside the responsibility of planning and executing product-oriented research, you’ll also be part of more exploratory research projects that help dscout understand the world around us. As people nerds, we believe we should always be asking questions and learning more.
Here’s the fun part: You are a UXR building products for UXRs...we hope this excites you!
What you will do (let’s call them Responsibilities):
- Lead research projects on multiple aspects of products and experiences
- Oversee milestones and clearly communicate project status, scope changes, and critical metrics to stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with product managers and the leadership team to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, agile, and rapidly changing environment
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research
- Advocate for the user (clients and scouts/research participants) through reports, demos, and presentations
- Be a subject matter expert to support our marketing, sales, and customer success teams
- Embrace and evangelize the use of dscout’s research tools within the organization
What you need to have (we can call them Desired Skills and Background):
- BA/BS or Masters in HCI, Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, a related research-heavy discipline or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong understanding of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Experience with remote research products a must: dscout, Qualtrics, UserTesting, etc
- Experience conducting a breadth of qualitative research methods: interviews, diary studies, moderated and unmoderated usability studies, field studies, etc
- Experience conducting a breadth of quantitative research methods: A/B testing, clickstream analysis, survey, etc
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- Experience creating prototypes and/or other forms of stim for research
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation (both development and delivery) skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
What will you get?
Here at dscout, we are a team of passionate research, sales, technical, marketing, design, success, and operations professionals. We are driven by the power of research—how in-context insights from real people can build products and services that are more people-centric. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we are looking for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what dscout is today and we are excited to build our future with you.
In addition to joining a smart and passionate team, you will get:
- A strong compensation package with bonus structure. Your success is tied to company success. We are all in this together.
- An incredible set of core benefits as well as a 401k with match, solid PTO policy, and generous company holidays. We are committed to helping build your future.
- Exposure to the inner workings of a growing company. And open, transparent communication within our team. You will know what is happening and why it matters.
- An education stipend. Keep learning and sharpening your skills.
- A beautiful workspace along the Chicago Riverwalk, in the heart of lots of places to eat, drink, and play. Read more about our new office space here!
- Plenty of snacks, drinks, and caffeine to keep you powered throughout the day, and a weekly happy hour to relax with the team.