User Experience Researcher at DocuSign
User Experience Researcher
Product Experience | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Product Experience team - Design, Information, and Insights - focuses on our customers and their business needs. We contribute from the concept all the way to the building of world-class product experiences by partnering with Product Managers, Program Managers, Software Engineers and other cross-functional teams. Together, we are a team of craftspeople who aim to make the complex look easy. We employ insights, pixels, and words to solve big problems and make delightful experiences.
In this role, you would be part of the Product Experience team. You would be embedded in a specific product space requiring you to establish and grow relationships. We are seeking a researcher who is passionate about being customer-centric, skilled in communicating crisp research findings, and skilled in driving impact within a team and across an organization. The right candidate will be equally skilled in facilitating thoughtful conversations with both internal stakeholders, customers, and research participants. Transforming those conversations into detailed research plans and actionable insights should be your focus. Additionally, you should be able to speak in detail about human-computer interaction concepts and be able to explain the why behind your recommendations.
This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Research
- Deliver UX research projects and assignments on time and to the highest quality.
- Develop data analysis and insights skills for less experienced team members.
- Seize opportunities to multitask and support teams.
- Communicate complex ideas/issues in a manner that is easily understood by cross-functional teams.
- Iterate and improve research deliverables and approaches.
- Routinely take stretch assignments that expand one's own skills.
- Minimum 5 years researching consumer, enterprise and/or mobile user experiences.
- Master’s degree or above in a research-related field (or comparable work experience).
- Experience conducting generative and evaluative research across multiple projects.
- Experience telling effective, persuasive stories with both qualitative and quantitative data and assessing their impact.
- Experience triangulating from multiple data sources to build narratives and effective presentations.
- Experience presenting insights tailored to a particular audience.
- An online portfolio or work samples.
- Experience with the real estate industry
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.