Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the world’s oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
The UX Architect follows and manages a self-defined process, and may manage other UX resources in a skill group leadership perspective. The UX Architect is responsible to drive and own design definition, execution and delivery at the project level, and is expected to drive 2-3 design tracks at a time and across multiple Products as the UX process owner. The role provides big-picture analysis, identifies potential project risks and process improvements, manages scope (and point out any scope creep) and ensures alignment with other UX tracks, as well as help with creation of delivery artifacts as required.
- Responsible for the production and delivery of design that meets business needs, Product requirements, and maps to the standards and patterns supported by the Design System Library
- Identifies strategy and approach
- Makes key design decisions based on a solid understanding of:
- Overall Business strategy and objectives
- the Product
- the Platform
- Establishes all UX-focused meetings, design reviews, and workshops with identified key project stakeholders
- Establishes and drives any Internal UX reviews (when more than one UX resource is assigned to the project)
- Understands product portfolio at a detailed level in order to optimize designs for product constraints and takes into account dependencies
- Utilizing expert knowledge of the Duck Creek Design System, oversees others’ application of patterns and contribution to the Design System
- Always considers and executes design work through the lens of the user needs of high priority personas
- Reaches out to Platform and Design System teams for clarity and validation during design iteration
- Identifies process risks and driving process improvements when necessary to improve
- When integrated with a development project, works with the PO to identify the appropriate UX Stories and Tasks that support UX process and embed into the agile planning / tracking tool
- Acts in the capacity of an UX Lead
- Responsible for defining scope of UX work and partnering with product management on discovery and delivery.
- Includes confirming the MVP and/or quarterly goals, identifying dependencies and risks, and making sure the UX process best practices are followed.
- For projects in discovery phase, leads the creation of a playback or prototype of the UX direction and presenting it to stakeholders to ensure alignment.
- Responsible for working with UXR to conduct formative and evaluative research, and to map high priority research findings to future work items in the agile backlog.
- Responsible for planning sprint schedules and confirming team assignments with management.
- May lead and supervise team(s) and assumes people management responsibilities including, but not limited to, the management of direct reports, and applicable subordinate team members, setting performance objectives, and conducting annual performance reviews.
- Develops staff members through coaching and fostering of a positive work environment
- Mentors and grows team leaders
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher level, or foreign equivalent, in HCI, Art, Design, UX or a related design field
- Work Experience: 7-10 years
- Experience leading teams of 2+ UX resources to a successful design solution, and be able to speak to how you leveraged those team members and got them to be successful
- Experience delivering at least 1 UX design solution against a well-defined design system/front-end framework such as Bootstrap or Foundation
- Preferred experience working with Zurb Foundation
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Demonstrates the ability to lead teams through definition, design and delivery on multiple projects simultaneously as UX process owner, provides strategic guidance to disciplines outside of UX, mentors other designers, and consistently delivers excellent design work
- Fluency with Axure, InVision, or similar applications
- Solid background of balancing great design with solid UX process management
- Drive successful solution for complex design problems
- Design leadership skills
- Strategic working understanding of IA and interaction design
- Fluency facilitating & leading brainstorming and design thinking sessions
- Hands-on design skills for enterprise UI
- Demonstrated experience in crafting usable digital interfaces for products
- Understands Lean UX methodology and uses rapid iteration and validation to identify and close on a solution approach
- Articulate a clear design solution and aligns others to that goal
- Team player and proactive, precise communicator
- Product company work experience
- Experience with P&C Insurance Industry
- Travel: 0-10%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.