UX Designer - Gogo Commercial Aviation at Gogo an Intelsat company
Req ID: 32501
Chicago, IL, US, 60606
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 3 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education & experience considered
Gogo Commercial Aviation, an Intelsat company, bringing the power of connectivity to airlines and their passengers all over the world. As a UX Designer at Intelsat Inflight, you will collaborate with other designers, product managers, and engineers to evolve our passenger-facing in-air web portal and the tools that support it. You are a passionate advocate for the user skilled in envisioning with experience balancing the ideal solution and the journey to achieve it in multiple iterations over time. You are flexible, collaborative and open-minded as well as willing to share and explain discuss your point-of-view based on your experiences.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
· At Gogo Commercial Aviation, an Intelsat company you will conduct research and meet with airlines and passengers to understand how our products get are used in context, capturing ideas on how to improve them.
· After partnering with product and engineering to determine business value, you will work with Agile teams to create concepts to help scope the effort and outcome.
· You will also develop wireframes and prototypes for these the best concepts. Your work may be different here because your design has to account for multiple configurations and partners who operate in multiple locales. Along the way, you will check-in with peers, stakeholders and end-users. As development progresses, you will refine the designs based on learnings from technology and business, while maintaining focus on the user benefits.
· While a typical day involves detailed design and validation with development as noted above, you will also participate on projects across the organization.
· You will help conduct workshops to inform the product roadmap, have dialogue with marketing to help leverage technology to win deals, engage with system engineering to weld the stack together, work with Customer Care to understand passenger pain points and much more.
Are you up to the challenge?
· Design early-stage concepts, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, copywriting, and interactive prototypes for development, QA and product management.
· Maintain a deep understanding of passenger behavior and how it varies in flight by conducting user research, stakeholder inquiries, and applying other user and task analysis methods.
Can you drive these processes?
· Use quantitative and qualitative data to validate software releases achieve intended goals
· Partner with product throughout the Scaled Agile Framework lifecycle to define new product initiatives that are informed by customer goals
· Write and/ iterate features and stories, and incrementally validate benefit hypotheses, and develop product roadmaps.
· Support development planning efforts by creating and explaining concepts, refining stories, and estimating work remaining while highlighting any risks to completion.
You should definitely have:
· 2-5 years of experience as an UX designer, interaction designer, experience designer, or similar role
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to build out design concepts using Sketch, Figma or similar design applications
· Experience writing, conducting, and reporting on face-to-face and remote usability tests and other qualitative research methods
· Experience presenting to management and customers
· Strong understanding of current web/mobile standards and conventions
It would be nice if you had:
· BA or MBA in design field
· Airline or travel industry work experience
· Experience in global design, localization, and accessibility
· Familiar with agile development methodologies and experience working with agile teams
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
• We emphasize personal and professional growth
• Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
• Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Gogo Commercial Aviation, an Intelsat company is the inflight internet company, recently acquired by Intelsat, the world’s largest satellite network operator. Our offerings bring worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services that make internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy, Metra and L-friendly environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.
Other Job Info:
• These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Please review the job bidding by current employees section in the employee handbook prior to applying for this position, thank you.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.