UX Designer - IxD/VxD
Sphera, the former Operational Excellence and Risk Management business of IHS Inc. is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability processes. Our software allows customers to automate processes, monitor emissions, ensure regulatory compliance, and track chemical inventory throughout a manufacturing cycle. We were recently spun off by IHS and acquired by Genstar Capital, essentially positioning us as a start-up tech company with $100 million in annual revenue and over 3000 customers in 70+ countries.
At Sphera, it is more than just a job. If you are looking to help change the world and challenge status quo while growing your career, you might find some interesting opportunities to pursue whether for you or to refer a colleague.
At Sphera, we are helping our customers keep their people safe, their products sustainable and their operations productive. If you are a creative and passionate UX Designer, this is a great opportunity to join Sphera and together we build the cloud platform that will make our world safe and more sustainable.
The best people don't want a job, they want to change the world and themselves. The best want to challenge the status quo. The best want to grow themselves and their careers. Come check out what Sphera has to offer and how that matches up with your career goals.
Sphera is looking for UX Designers who have a strong proficiency with Interaction Design (IxD). Competency in Visual Design (VxD) and user research is a plus.
- Participate in the Agile software development (Scrum/Kanban) process from concept through delivery to ensure the successful implementation of user interfaces for our cloud software.
- Design world class user experiences through the creation of intuitive user interafaces, using established design patterns based on user research.
- Use established testing procedures to ensure designs are thoroughly tested throughout development and before release. In addition, designs should conform to current accessibility legislation in countries of operations.
- Collaborate with product owners to define/refine requirements, break down into development tasks, estimate effort, and plan milestones & deliverables.
- Continuously expand knowledge in area of specialization.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelors degree in User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, Web Design, or other relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience in user experience or a related design field. Enterprise level software experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, Balsamiq, Axure, InVision, etc.
- Experience practicing Scrum/Kanban and can adapt to Scrum values.
- Ensure designs conform to online style guide and contribute to efforts to standardize design.
- Demonstrable and/or responsive design experience.
- Work with developers to ensure design concepts (developed through paper prototyping and wire framing) are successfully realized within the product.
- Refined analytical and detail oriented problem-solving skills
- Ability to justify and explain design decisions
- Be a proactive team member who contributes, collaborates and demonstrates positive behavior
- Works effectively & independently in a dynamic team environment.
- Proven time management, organizational and follow-up skills to meet deadlines
- Quality-orientation with passion for customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated initiative to learn & experiment with new technologies and processes.
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Sphera is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.