UX Designer Lead at Nordstrom
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family! Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience! Work hard and play hard in a fun, casual and collaborative work environment in the heart of Chicago (Working from Home currently)!
As a UX Designer Lead on the Trunk Club team, you’ll be responsible for turning customer problems into intuitive, beautiful, data-driven solutions. You have a passion for designing effective digital experiences that are informed by customer research and testing, and industry best practices. You use your keen sense of empathy, strong storytelling skills, and polished project management techniques to deliver customer-focused work in a fast-paced and complex environment.
**Please provide a link to your portfolio and/or samples of you work**
A day in the life…
- Own design solutions from ideation to execution
- Partner with product and engineering leads to define, scope, and develop new product features
- Guide phased development of project work with collaborative project planning, brainstorms, sketches, and user flows
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- Collaborate with other designers to give and receive thoughtful feedback
- Talk to customers to validate concepts and develop meaningful solutions
- Lead the development of detailed deliverables to effectively communicate designs and product requirements
- Contribute to a design system that will allow for the continued development of new features in an efficient and consistent manner
- Helping with hiring, mentoring, and establishing design culture within the company
- Become an integral part of our small but mighty Trunks design team and collaborate with other designers across Nordstrom.com and Nordstrom Rack/HauteLook
- Mentor/Lead junior members of the team
You own this if you have
- Four plus years of experience building excellent consumer products/eCommerce
- A thoughtfully presented portfolio that demonstrates a refined aesthetic, the ability to think conceptually, and excellent visual and product design skills
- Ability to design for business outcomes while remaining customer-focused
- Experience with usability testing and the implications for user interaction
- Ability to independently research and resolve issues using appropriate resources
- Demonstrated skill and experience creating user flow diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, user interface designs and high-quality final visual comps
- Expert level skills in Figma and/or Sketch
- Genuine curiosity and a strong desire to continuously learn and grow
- Ability to lead/mentor junior members of the team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in UX/UI design
Here are some projects you would work on…
- Maintaining and improving the customer-facing digital Trunk experience from end-to-end
- Building personalized shopping experiences that give customers more flexibility and control over the products they can choose to get sent to them in a Trunk
- Partnering with Data Science and testing different product recommendation sets to improve unit keep rate and overall Trunk metrics
- Exploring new customer engagement features that deliver on our personal styling value proposition.
- Create new customer inputs for collecting style and clothing preferences to better understand our customers and to help our stylists pack better Trunks
- Improvements to our Trunk request and scheduling experience making it easier and faster for our customers to communicate what they need and when they need it by
**We prefer candidates who are located in Central and West Coast time zones. The position based in the Chicago office. **
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2020 Nordstrom, Inc.