Eved launched in 2010 by Talia Mashiach with a bold mission: to lead the transformation of the $770 billion meeting and event industry from a highly manual, fragmented traditional services sector into a new era of efficiency and automation. Today we are the only spend management solution purpose-built for the meetings & events category, with an impressive roster of Fortune 500 clients and industry vendors on our platform. We see Meetings & Events as the most critical marketing channel for driving customer engagement in the next 5 years and unlocking data and insights in this category can be transformational for companies large and small.
The UX Designer position will report directly to Eved’s Head of Product as our sole designer on staff. We’re looking for someone with deep user empathy, a passion for solving problems with technology, and a desire to learn, grow and adapt in a fast-paced start up environment. You’re the kind of person who questions the status quo, isn’t afraid to take ownership of their work, listens more than they talk, and excels at collaborating effectively with product, development and internal and external stakeholders to solve problems. While you have a high bar for great design and amazing user experience, you also have a clear understanding of how to get to ‘good enough (for now)’ in an agile product development. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who loves learning and appreciates an ‘all hands on deck,’ collaborative environment.
- Working with product and development to collaborate on road map and backlog.
- including wire frames, user journey maps, annotated high fidelity final mockups, and interactive design prototypes.
- Participate in and lead user research and discovery initiatives to obtain a deep understanding of the problems we are trying to solve to help contribute to how we are going to solve then.
- Conduct usability testing and be able to take actionable steps to iterate based on learnings from that testing.
- Contribute to our knowledge and understanding of user personas, workflows, and use cases.
Minimum qualifications include:
- 1-3 years of UX or UX adjacent experience (i.e. graphic/visual design, user research, front end development.)
- Ability to quickly learn new systems – you’ll need to pick up Eved’s product suite quickly.
- Passion for continuous product discovery processes in an agile development environment.
- Mastery in tools to create low and high fidelity prototypes and mock ups - InVision, Balsamiq, Adobe Creative Suite, etc. (Heads up - Eved is tool agnostic, so we’ll talk in the interview process about what you need to work best and work together to make sure you start with the toolkit you need to get the job done.)
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of HTML and CSS – meaning you understand the relationship between HTML and CSS and the browsers that render them, and you can ‘talk web’ with developers.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills – you know how to talk to developers, understand the efforts and problems of client facing team members and users, and work with product to understand the business limitations and market dynamics at play.
- Comfortable wearing a lot of hats but knows when to ask for help.
- A deep passion for user experience and usability in products.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Familiarity with Vue.js and JIRA.
- Previous experience in one or more of the following: startup environments, working with remote development teams, B2B software, fintech, or the meeting and events industry.
- Some basic understanding of accounting and finance principles – you don’t need to be a math whiz but it doesn’t hurt to understand accrual reporting, cost centers, GLs, etc.
- Discretionary PTO – employees are empowered to take the appropriate time off they need while still managing their individual and Company goals.
- Medical, Dental and Vision.
- 401(K) matching.
- Flex Spend Account options.
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Flexible office environment.
- Healthy snacks and stocked bar.
- New laptop benefit.
- Employee referral program.
- All employees eligible for stock options.
- Annual bonus (cash and stock) opportunities.