UX Designer at Saggezza
UX Designer, Chicago, IL
Saggezza is a proven technology and consulting partner that delivers personalized, high-value solutions to accelerate business growth. We consult, create experiences, analyze, modernize and digitize to help our clients adapt and transform the way they do business. Saggezza consultants work as part of a global team, and throughout their tenure, have the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects across various clients and industries. We are chartered to do one thing, and one thing only – to bring enabling technology to our clients that allows them to move their business forward.
Are you passionate about UX Design? Do you have a constant itch of curiosity on how people make decisions, think and act? Do you want to fast-track your career at an established IT firm and have the opportunity to be a leader on a small team? If you answered yes to any of these, then we have the job for you. Saggezza is looking for a full-time UX Designer to join our Chicago team.
This individual must be comfortable with traveling nationwide to client sites when needed, and needs to be comfortable working directly on-site with clients. This role also requires someone who has a proven ability to be a leader on a small team, while still working collaboratively with its team members.
Every project will be different, but you’ll always be responsible for:
- Collaborating with UX team to develop user interface designs and solve UX problems
- Designing and building a UI toolkit and components
- Assisting in the creation of user-centered designs from market research, customer and user feedback, product requirements and usability
- Supporting multiple projects simultaneously while meeting key deadlines
- Working collaboratively alongside designers, developers, and product management team in an agile environment/workflow
- Communicating design ideas with the implementation team(s) and stakeholders
What you’ll definitely need:
- 2+ years of experience as a professional UX Designer
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Digital Media or related field
- Capable of building designs and style standards in all projects within platform and technology constraints
- Familiarity with Agile Methodology
- Working with user researchers and interaction designers to develop and iterate user interface designs based on research and usability test results
- Experience with design tools, including Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Proto.io or other similar design and rapid prototyping tools.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles (typography, layout, grid systems, hierarchy, color, composition), prototyping, wireframes, and ADA guidelines
- Experience designing for desktop, mobile, and other screens
- Desire to work hands-on for an innovative project from start to finish, and possess the ability to think creatively and contribute fresh ideas and progressive insights
- Should be able to showcase their work via a digital or printed portfolio that demonstrates creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience with Web and Mobile application design and best practices
What we’d love you to have:
- Customer-facing UX design experience and a portfolio to showcase modern design and UI's with interactivity and motion
- Working with scalable design systems
- Familiarity with HTML5/CSS3 is a plus
- Familiarity with project management tools
- Strong analytical, creative thinking, and problem solving skills
- Solid interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Seamlessly collaborates with clients and colleagues, across functional teams when needed
- Team player
What Makes Saggezza Unique?
Strong Relationships: We take the time to know our clients well, from the way they do business to their culture and their unique pain points. This level of engagement enables us to develop highly effective solutions.
Clients First: We work to understand our clients then develop a unique point of view to address their pain points. We do whatever it takes to provide the right solutions to address their specific situation.
A Trusted Partner: We collaborate as a true strategic partner and work side-by-side to develop the best solutions to bring our clients’ businesses into the future.
Passionate Mindset: We have an unending passion for technology and teamwork. We develop highly effective solutions to help our clients tackle the complex digital landscape.
Creating Value: The right investment in digital change is critical for our clients. That’s why we develop personalized, highly effective solutions that deliver value for their businesses.
Delivery Excellence: Our proven processes provide high-quality solutions that are delivered on time.
Why Join Our Team
- Our culture is diverse with endless opportunities to work for global corporations in their own backyard.
- Our nurturing and supportive environment fosters collaboration across the entire organization.
- We are not hierarchical but operate as a flat surface where every opinion matters, ideas are cultivated and innovation is encouraged.
- At Saggezza, we are fortunate to have a strong mentorship program that provides each and every one of our consultants the ability to thrive professionally and personally.
- We are only as good as our people. Saggezza, Italian for wisdom, is rooted from the perspective that knowledge is power. We create thought-leaders who are constantly exposed and trained in different technologies in the ever-evolving world of software development.
- We welcome all types of innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit to grow with our team.
Saggezza is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.