SPINS is seeking a world class UX Developer to design and own the user experience for our internal and external customers of our state-of-the-art web platform by utilizing the latest tools and techniques in data science, cloud, software development, and front-end technologies.
Who we are.
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do.
As a UX Developer, you will help us research, design, and build the UI for a platform for discovering nutritional data and analyzing it to provide valuable nuggets to our customers. You will be a vital part of the engineering team in owning the User Experience for the product we are building. You need to be part engineer, researcher, and creative.
- Conducting research into how users are interacting with our platform and how we can improve it.
- Defining a style guide that is consistent with SPINS guidelines but matches our use case internal customers.
- Designing the user experience using industry standard prototyping tools such as Adobe XD, InVision, or Sketch.
- Implementing designs in HTML and CSS
What you bring.
- Master’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science or a related field (or work equivalent).
- 2 years’ experience as a UX Designer, UX Researcher, or UX Developer.
- Expert knowledge of user research including interviews, usability testing, card sorting, and personas development.
- Expert knowledge of UX design including information architecture, UI design, and prototyping.
- Expert knowledge of coding in HTML and CSS.
- Experience working in an iterative, agile software lifecycle.
- Strong communication skills including writing User Stories.
- Optional experience:
- Front-end wed development
- Source control such as Git
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forgoing new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k (Traditional and Roth) plus company match
- FSA for medical and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Bike storage
- Fresh and healthy snacks
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, company happy hours, product demos, outings, and more.