At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software company in a category of its own.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future – enabling our customers to be employers of choice for their employees and supervisors.
Our Product & Technology organization nurtures a dynamic agile work environment full of talented individuals with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds working in small squads around a shared mission. Guided by our development principles, and a passion for compelling software, we come together to deliver great products and make Paylocity an exciting place to work.
This is a critical role in our Product and Technology organization. Reporting directly to the Sr. Director UX, this highly visible member has overall accountability for the end-to-end user experience of Paylocity’s product suite, and will lead multiple leaders to deliver against that strategy. This position requires a strategic leader committed to finding and delivering against our customers’ unmet needs. This role will enable a culture of innovation and ownership across all of Product and Technology – ensuring the teams are entrepreneurial and self-sufficient, while still focused on a common vision
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
· At ease working at all levels of the organization
· Relentlessly curious about current market and technology trends, able to adapt accordingly
· Passionate about design, front end development, architecture and research
· A superior communicator with an affinity for change management
· Unflinching in your desire for the best user experience possible
· Is a talent magnet; active in the local user experience community and attracts top notch talent to Paylocity
· Works with product owners, product team leaders, product team members, stakeholders and the executive team to create a clear vision for our product User Experience.
· Builds and leads a UX Leadership team while overseeing User Experience across categories.
· Provides context and ensures user experience team members have line-of-sight to customers while fostering an environment of continuous improvement
· Nourishes a collaborative agile environment with a willingness to share ideas, where open and honest feedback flourishes
· Facilitates longer-term career plans of direct reports, and ensures that everyone within UX has the opportunity to fulfill career goals
· Actively contributes to the broader Product & Technology team, and seeks to apply the best thinking to the organization’s practices
How we work:
· Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
· Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
· Customers at the center of everything we do
· Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
· Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
· Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
What we offer:
· A compelling mission to elevate payroll and human resources across the backroom and into the boardroom
· Focus on helping our customers automate manual processes, appeal to the modern workforce, and glean insights from analytics
· Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers at the center of everything we do
· A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
· Ample opportunity and encouragement to stay current with external training
· A phenomenal talent anywhere culture, where employees can work remotely anywhere in the US and/or work from one of three U.S. offices located in Illinois, Florida and Idaho
· Experience leading and growing a UX organization in an enterprise agile environment
· Minimum 7 – 10 years in building and leading user experience groups in a SaaS web development environment
· Experience directly managing user experience managers, designers, developers, and architects both virtually and locally
· Familiarity with the latest user experience tools, strongly preferred (Sketch, inVision, Mural)
· Bachelor’s degree in human computer interaction, design, engineering, or related field, preferred
During the last three months, you would have:
· Collaborated on crafting the vision and communication of where the user experience practice is going in the next 18-24 months
· Mentored and coached all UX team members
· Led user experience consistency and UX debt work across product teams / business
· Developed T-shaped skill sets and leadership capabilities of team members
· Rewarded top-performers and addressed performance issues in a timely and respectful way
· Driven consistency across products by attending demos, product reviews and design sessions
· Met with stakeholders and senior leadership to align on the next evolutions of UX patterns
· Helped drive learning with the UX team through user testing of current and future features with internal and external clients
· Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2014, 2017, 2018
· Glassdoor Highest Rated CEO's 2014, 2017
· CIO Applications Top 25 HR Technology Solution Providers 2017
· Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2013-2017
· DC Digital Top Work Places 2016-2017
· 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in Chicago 2008-2017
· Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago 2012-2017
· Best Places to Work Idaho 2017
· Best Places to Work Orlando Business Journal 2016-2017
· Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation 2014, 2017
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Check out our many Awards here!!
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.
At Paylocity, “We” is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.