Brad's Deals is looking for a UX leader with a diverse skill set who is as comfortable prioritizing the activities of a team as they are delivering wireframes. The UX Manager role lives within the Product organization at Brad's Deals, but will work collaboratively across the company to meet business needs while creating user-centered solutions for consumers, internal users, and merchant partners.
In addition to being the advocate for all types of Brad's Deals users, this position requires a strategic mindset, a data-driven approach, and demonstrated understanding of UX for mobile, web, and app experiences. With a small and scrappy, but growing, team there’s opportunity to make a mark developing the strategies and processes of design at a company that’s eager to make products that work for their users.
- Define and advance UX strategy for Brad's Deals, aligning experience across product lines.
- Provide UX expertise throughout the company to help influence work in departments such as marketing and sales.
- Synthesize findings from research, customer insights, and data/analytics to inform UX and design decisions.
- Produce deliverables such as detailed wireframes, customer journeys, user flows, and interactive prototypes.
- Prioritize and direct quantitative and qualitative user research.
- Work with product managers to evaluate the UX needs and complexity for new features or projects, and prepare project plans for UX activities/deliverables.
- Provide guidance to, and collaborate with, visual designers to help deliver high quality product design.
- Surface industry knowledge and user needs to help shape and prioritize the product roadmap
- Develop and maintain UX guidelines and pattern libraries
- Advocate for the user by maintaining a deep understanding of the audience and product.
- Balance and connect UX strategy to business results and KPIs.
- Lead and develop a lean UX team.
- 5+ years experience in a UX role; ideal candidate will have some experience managing small UX teams.
- Digital portfolio demonstrating strategic thinking and creative problem-solving across devices and platforms, preferably for consumer-facing e-commerce experiences.
- Extremely well-versed and comfortable with analytics, A/B testing, optimization, and making data-driven design decisions.
- Hands-on UX skills (persona development, journey mapping, ethnographic research, wireframing).
- Experience working with product managers and engineers in an Agile environment.
- Demonstrated business acumen; an ability to connect business priorities, user needs, and quantitative and qualitative data.
- Excellent communication, including presentation, listening, and problem-solving skills.
- Confident and self-driven with an ability to move projects forward, even when facing ambiguity or competing priorities.
- Strong proficiency in prototyping tools (UXPin, Sketch, Invision, etc).
Since 2001, Brad’s Deals has been giving shoppers the upper hand by making it quick and easy to find the best deals. We meticulously compare prices, vet merchants, and improve our web and mobile platforms, so users get an awesome experience every time. Partnering with over 2,500 top retailers including Target and Amazon, we’re able to reach more than 50 million consumers a year.
An entrepreneurial spirit guides everything we do, making it possible for each employee to make a big impact here--one reason why we’ve been named among Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For. Last year, Brad’s Deals also received Workforce Magazine’s Optimas Silver Award for our Women’s Tech Accelerator, which opens our office and resources to women-run businesses. Long story short: we think of a career here as a mutual investment. We're an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at work. Pay is competitive and full benefits are provided, including health, 401k, FSA, and a transportation pre-tax benefit. Learn more about perks here. We are conveniently located in Chicago's River North neighborhood blocks from the highway and several train stations.