UX Research Manager
Peapod is a leader in ecommerce grocery delivery, and we are looking to stay ahead of the curve by expanding our User Experience team based in downtown Chicago. We are searching for a talented UX Lead to guide our interaction and visual design process. The ideal candidate has experience with user research, innovative UX strategy, presenting and leading team members. The ability to share your robust online portfolio is a must!
What you will be doing:
- Full end-to-end ownership of User Experience efforts
- Responsibility for planning, delivery, and success of projects
- Proactively review, refine, and recommend new user experience concepts across multiple web sites and devices
- Utilize web analytics data, consumer insights, market research, and proven user-centric design principles in the creation of world-class user interaction designs
- Serve as liaison and manage communications with stakeholders and other teams
- Plan, conduct, and encourage others to participate in usability tests
- Continually improve overall user experience (Ui/UX) for various websites
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree - design/HCI, CS, or psychology areas preferred
- Expert knowledge of user-centered interface design processes, methodology and UI best practices
- Demonstrated experience with turning customer insights into interaction designs
- Proven skills with feature/use case development, wireframe/flow creation, information architecture, rapid prototyping, conceptual design, and UI specifications
- Keen strength to apply expert design skills to user flows, usability, and application interactions and experience in visual design and proficient in Photoshop
- Extremely detail-oriented, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment simultaneously contributing to multiple projects each with aggressive development schedules
- Strong communication skills. Able to present concepts in a clear and convincing manner to a broad range of audiences – from executives to software developers
- Ability to make strong recommendations based on industry trends, consumer research, business needs and technical feasibility/difficulty
- Previous experience in an ecommerce environment
- Appreciation and enthusiasm for agile development practices
If you want to apply your skills and ideas to a rapidly growing, innovative organization where having success and having fun go hand-in-hand, become a part of the team at Peapod.
Peapod offers a competitive starting salary, with excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K with match, paid time off and flexible spending accounts.
You must be authorized to work in the United States to be eligible for consideration for employment. Peapod does not participate in work sponsorship programs. Peapod is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.