Smarter Thinking. Real Results. Technology consulting has been our story for over 14 years. Companies from all industries partner with us for our innovative mindset to help them digitally transform to create market advantages, become resilient, and prepare for what’s next. With us, the possible becomes actual.
We provide strategic and innovative consulting services focused on digital experiences, engineering, automation, data and analytics, and salesforce solutions. Saggezza consultants work as part of a global team, and throughout their tenure, have the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects across various clients and industries. We are chartered to do one thing, and one thing only – to bring enabling technology to our clients that allow them to move their business forward.
The Saggezza UX Researcher is qualified, passionate and energetic about UX research with the ability to lead through solid experience, while enjoying symbiotic growth from peers. The right candidate should be passionate about design thinking, human-centered design, usability and accessibility. This individual can plan, execute and communicate research on a deadline to uncover actionable insights that lead to the right solutions.
Are you passionate about UX research? Do you have a constant curiosity itch about how people make decisions, think and act? Do you want to fast-track your career at an established IT firm and have the opportunity to work as a consultant for a Fortune 500 client? If you answered yes to any of these, then we have the job for you. Saggezza is looking for a full-time UX Researcher to join our Chicago team. This individual will be working with one of our clients in St. Louis.
If and when restrictions are lifted, this individual must be comfortable with traveling nationwide to client sites (up to 30%) when required, and comfortable working directly on-site with clients.
This role requires someone who has a proven ability to work collaboratively in a small UX team working for an enterprise client.
Every project will be different, but you’ll always be responsible for:
- Partner with UX Architects, Researchers, Analysts and Product Leadership to prepare user test proposals and plans
- Assisting Senior UX Research team members on various projects
- Recruit, screen, consent, and schedule participants for major types of user research including qualitative usability studies (remote and in-person, moderated), surveys, workshops, field studies
- Help develop a user research repository and a backlog for different projects
- Maintain schedules for multiple projects
- Collect user behaviors taking different roles during research sessions
- Clear and compile the research data and prepare for analysis
- Grasp and incorporate complex technical and business requirements from different projects into research
- Assist in research analysis and ideation
- Advocate research findings to various audiences through written reports and presentations
What You Will Definitely Need:
- Minimum 1 year of professional UX Research experience in client-facing product development
- Degree or an ongoing degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, User Experience Design, Industrial Design, Industrial Engineering, Social Sciences (Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology) or similar field
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, presentation and collaboration written and verbal skills
- Strong ability to work independently, as well as in groups
- Ability to document process and progress
- Ability to prioritize needs across multiple projects
- Experience with concept and/or usability research, moderating interviews and qualitative studies
- Experience with quantitative research
- Familiarity with integrating user research into product designs in an Agile environment
- Ability to produce key findings as well as recommendation reports
- Ability to communicate key findings visually in sketches and low-fidelity wireframes
- Ability develop personas and task matrices, task lists, task process diagrams, and user journey maps
- Desire to work hands-on for a long-term project from start to finish
- Experience with remote collaboration tools, including, but not limited to Mural.co, Lucidchart, Miro, MS Teams
- Experience with design tools, including Sketch, Axure, Invision or other similar design and rapid prototyping tools
- Showcase your work via a digital or printed portfolio and demonstrate creative thinking and problem-solving skills
What we’d love to see:
- Experience in Enterprise UX, preferably in FinTech and/or Payment Systems
- Verbal and written proficiency in a foreign language
- Familiarity with fundamental design principles (typography, layout, grid systems, hierarchy, colour, composition)
- Previous experience or familiarity with Lean UX framework
Don’t tick all the boxes? Don’t worry about it: we still want to hear from you if you think you’re the right person for the job.
Why Join Our Team:
- Diverse culture, experiences, and skills.
- Our nurturing and supportive environment fosters collaboration across the entire organization.
- We are not hierarchical but operate as a flat surface where every opinion matters, ideas are cultivated and innovation is encouraged.
- At Saggezza, we are fortunate to have a strong mentorship program that provides every one of our employees the ability to thrive professionally and personally.
- We are only as good as our people. Saggezza, Italian for wisdom, is rooted from the perspective that knowledge is power. We create thought-leaders who are constantly exposed and trained in different technologies in the ever-evolving world of software development.
- We welcome innovators with entrepreneurial spirits to grow with our team.
- Consulting Magazine - Fastest Growing Firms 2019
- Built-In Top Places to Work in Chicago 2020
- Best and Brightest Companies in the Nation 2019 and 2020, Best and Brightest Companies in Milwaukee 2020 and Best and Brightest Companies in Chicago 2020
Saggezza is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.